• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 3 24 minutes in
What the FUCK am I even watching. I think this is Lynch at his Lynchiest. This is above Elephant Man or Eraserhead.

Agreed. I'm floored. Beyond my wildest expectations so far. So happy right now. A true love letter to his early work in many respects, and a proper send up to FWWM. Also,
was the second girl in the space where he goes into the wall Phoebe Augustine? Saw her in the credits as "American girl"

Off to part 4!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yesssss more like later Lynch is exactly what I want.

This is the lynchiast thing that Lynch has maybe ever done. It has surges of both new and old Lynch, as well as things from Twin Peaks.

It legitimately at least so far from what I've watched (part way through Part 3) feels like Lynch directing Lynch, as odd as that sounds. I think if you only liked Twin Peaks and not Lynch's other things, you might not like it. I think the casual TV viewer won't like it either. But if you liked Lynch's works, liked Eraserhead, liked Twin Peaks, liked Blue Velvet, liked Lost Highway, liked Mulholland Drive, liked Inland Empire, and are okay with a continuation of the TP story and lore as told by Lynch with tinges of every work Lynch has made basically, then you will probably like this a whole lot.

I'm not shitting here, if this continues as it is part way through Part 3, I legitimately think this will be Lynch's magnum opus. He's somehow realized everything he excelled at in his movies and is bringing it to the screen.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Ep4: Andy explaining
mobile phones is the cutest thing ever. Lmao. The long awkward hold on Lucy afterward too. Hahahaha

Ep. 4: 26 mins in

Best part of episode for me

Bobby Briggs as a lawman (didn't see that coming) crying while Badalamenti's classic theme plays

someone is chopping onions close by...

DrEvil

Ep 4: uh, isn't the deputee that
introduces Wally to the scene the same Actor as the kid who died staring at the box?

aravuus

Don't you just love sitting at work, looking at the first four episodes of new

fucking

Twin Peaks

on HBO Nordic, knowing there's nothing you can do but wait until you get home from work?

I admit I've always been a bit more of a Twin Peaks fan than maybe a Lynch fan but I've enjoyed everything I've seen from him, so the comments I've dared to read here are making the wait unbearable.

DrEvil

Ep 4: this scene is straight out of Austin Powers.

ok seriously coop is ridiculous. His tie. Dear lord.

hughesta

Banned
god I want to watch 3 and 4 so bad :( gonna try to wait another week though... gotta tell myself those first two hours were enough.

I am in stitches at episode 4. This is maybe the greatest thing that's ever happened. I struggle to believe that this is all real and that there are 14 more hours of Lynch doing whatever the fuck he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom