• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Interesting how every episode is ending with a musical performance.

Well, I'll see you all again in two weeks.
Meanwhile.

Xdrive05

Ep 4:the voice of
Boop is fucked up in the jail. Wonder what that's about

He was also acting strangely, sort of like how real Coop is acting now. Wonder if both Coop and Boop existing at the same time is making them both diminished, and both merely repeating simple phrases in the service of their goals? Coop trying to get home. Boop trying to get out of prison.

He was also acting strangely, sort of like how real Coop is acting now. Wonder if both Coop and Boop existing at the same time is making them both diminished, and both simply repeating simple phrases?

I like this theory.

Episode 3
Did I miss Major Briggs? Where was he?

Chitown B

So, I wonder what kind of mojo......

DoppleCoop did to create a completely third Coop to take the fall for him.
Gave him the ring so he'd be warped back.

I'll start watching tomorrow, but did episodes 3 & 4 leak or something? I figured the two hour premiere would be Part 1 and Part 2 combined.

I'll start watching tomorrow, but did episodes 3 & 4 leak or something? I figured the two hour premiere would be Part 1 and Part 2 combined.
1 and 2 were shown on TV

All four are available on their on demand/streaming services

Why? I don't know. Maybe because they've seen how batshit everything is and wanted to throw people a bone so they could sort of wrap their heads around some semblance of a setup for the season

bleaker

Ep 4:
Albert and Gordan are probs going to go find Audrey, at least that's the feeling I get. This episode was probably the lightest in terms of Lynchian imagery, and which made it feel a lot lighter in terms of tone. Still, the prison scene was very creepy.

Well those four episodes flew by, and depending how the rest of the season goes down, we could be witnessing the culmination of Lynch's career. The next two weeks are gonna be looooong.

Mauddib

Banned
Ugh just finished the first episode. This isn't at all the same Twin Peaks I watched and loved. Does it ever get back into that hokey melodrama that was so great about the original series or does it keep getting weirder and darker? :(

wwm0nkey

Ugh just finished the first episode. This isn't at all the same Twin Peaks I watched and loved. Does it ever get back into that hokey melodrama that was so great about the original series or does it keep getting weirder and darker? :(

EP 4 will probably be your cup of tea

Well those four episodes flew by, and depending how the rest of the season goes down, we could be witnessing the culmination of Lynch's career. The next two weeks are gonna be looooong.

100% agree. 4 hours just vanished and I suspect if it was all out on something like Netflix, I'd watch it all without much stopping. But I am glad it's airing slowly now. Gives more time for digestion.

And the first 4 episodes really are a culmination of everything he's ever done. I can't imagine it changing as it goes on. It's just utterly spectacular to see Lynch back and back in all his glory. I didn't know what to expect going in and am pretty blown away by how much I love the first four hours.

gforguava

So just finished episodes 1 and 2 and well where to begin... screw it, that way leads to madness so I'm not even going to try.

Just gotta say this was amazing. It felt so much like how I think of Twin Peaks if that makes any sense, it was staggering.

The greatest achievement of all was how the show somehow made me feel elated when James came on screen. Chromatics didn't hurt either.

Xdrive05

I'm a little worried that the
Coop/Boop existence conflict
will take up too much of the season, while the main mystery/storylines of
the glass box murders and the bodies in the bed
will get punted to the end, or future potential seasons. Am I cray?

Hope for the season:

Amnesia Cooper is entertaining but I really hope we aren't stuck with that for too much longer, they're laying the groundwork for so much crazy stuff that I'd rather get into that instead of wasting time on him being dumb. I can't tell if they're setting up that it's going to take all season for Cooper to come back as he was, and that's the main conflict, or if this is all just weird shenanigans before he comes back to help fix the other things/stop evil Cooper. Hoping for the latter....

I thoroughly enjoyed "Helloooooo" but honestly the amnesia trope where a character becomes pretty much useless is an annoyance for me, it's just frustrating to watch lol

Chitown B

Did you watch the whole series? Because there's a lot of weird and dark there. And come on - everyone knows this show will be darker.

Chitown B

I'm a little worried that the
Coop/Boop existence conflict
will take up too much of the season, while the main mystery/storylines of
the glass box murders and the bodies in the bed
will get punted to the end, or future potential seasons. Am I cray?

This is it. There are no more seasons.

Lynch has everything planned and will tie it up.

Hope for the season:

Amnesia Cooper is entertaining but I really hope we aren't stuck with that for too much longer, they're laying the groundwork for so much crazy stuff that I'd rather get into that instead of wasting time on him being dumb. I can't tell if they're setting up that it's going to take all season for Cooper to come back as he was, and that's the main conflict, or if this is all just weird shenanigans before he comes back to help fix the other things/stop evil Cooper. Hoping for the latter....

I thoroughly enjoyed "Helloooooo" but honestly the amnesia trope where a character becomes pretty much useless is an annoyance for me, it's just frustrating to watch lol

I agree. But I don't think it'll last too much longer. We want him to be his old self.

EP 4 will probably be your cup of tea

Disagree.

The old Twin Peaks, barring something drastic changing, is gone. This is pure heroin Lynch. The "I'm making my lunch!!!" Lynch. There's barely any music, no relationships growing in a world of melodrama, just one insanely bizarre setpiece after another. It's very much a personal David Lynch project, already his weirdest, that he somehow got Showtime to fund 18 hours of. Episode 4 is the weirdest yet. The Adventures of Real Coop is going to set the Television Recap Industrial Complex on fire. No one will have any clue how to react to it. Lynch got NAOMI WATTS to star in, basically, a dumber version of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

That said, I love it all, there has never ever been anything like this.

Just finished episode 4.

I agree that I hope braindead Cooper doesn't stick around for much longer. It's a bit too goofy, especially in contrast to the serious tone of nearly everything else. I love that they didn't ignore some of the major points from The Secret History of Twin Peaks and even included Agent Preston as a contributing character.

As far as the plot goes, I'm really intrigued by where they're going to go with Jeffries. That's a character I didn't expect to see again.

benzy

Old James reminds me so much of this.

giphy.gif

Can someone tell me who was who in the bar scene at the end of the episode? I guess James was the motorcycle kid (was his hair always blonde?)

Finished the first two episodes, they were great. I'm not sure how to watch 3 and 4 in Canada, so I'll just wait till next week. Till then I'll hide from this thread for fear of spoilers.

Joqu

Guys, I just watched 1 and 2 and... it's everything I wanted plus a whole lot of things I never knew I wanted. I LOVED IT

Gosh I'm so emotional right now I feel a little embarrassed. But yes. Twin Peaks, it's back. And so much more. I'm sure it won't be a lot of people's thing but man... that was some top tier Lynch right there, I can't get my head around the amount of episodes I've still got to look forward to.

David Lynch is 71 and he's still got it. How.

James is cool. He's always been cool. <- official Twin Peaks lore

That was hilarious. Best Twin Peaks lore.

Chitown B

Disagree.

The old Twin Peaks, barring something drastic changing, is gone. This is pure heroin Lynch. The "I'm making my lunch!!!" Lynch. There's barely any music, no relationships growing in a world of melodrama, just one insanely bizarre setpiece after another. It's very much a personal David Lynch project, already his weirdest, that he somehow got Showtime to fund 18 hours of. Episode 4 is the weirdest yet. The Adventures of Real Coop is going to set the Television Recap Industrial Complex on fire. No one will have any clue how to react to it. Lynch got NAOMI WATTS to star in, basically, a dumber version of Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

That said, I love it all, there has never ever been anything like this.

We'll see. It can't all be like this for 18 eps. Plus most of the original cast came back, and a lot of that cast was part of mundane storylines. The original series started weird, reigned in, got weird, reigned in, ended weird. There were peaks and valleys. So, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom