• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Stream is working fine for me. I think a lot of you are just being impacted by the lag caused by 30,000 viewers. The other GBA games worked fine, but they only usually had 3,000 viewers (and an accompanying smaller number of chat messages and input commands).

Which is weird cause the stream during Gen 1 with nearly 100k viewers was completely fine. This time around the stream is barely watchable.

mfaex

Well, you guys convinced me. I installed the Twitch app, let's see how it runs.

That's just what they wanted to happen.

tumblr_lhce6mYPsd1qfa84uo1_500.gif

mjontrix

I'm Guessing the chat isn't on a separate server again. Either that or Twitch has done some changes to their chat code and goofed it.

I don't remember Gen 3 that good. Let's look into the future, are there any parts of the game which can only be done in democracy? Or can we stick to anarchy for this one

Cbajd5

I don't remember Gen 3 that good. Let's look into the future, are there any parts of the game which can only be done in democracy? Or can we stick to anarchy for this one

8th Gym for sure. It's like Morty's gym, but you can't go backwards and is much more complex in the movements.

Crayolan

For people not familiar with gen 3, our current objective is to go into our Rival's house and talk to him. Then we go to the route to the north for our first pokemon.

Kinokou

Helix is dead, this is a new era given to us by General Lazor Gator.

How come the voices are still being passed on then? They came from the Helix right from the start, just as you can hear the ocean from a shell.

Also, what's the deal with reddit limiting my posting by minute limits. I thought reddit was the awesome open internet front page.

mjontrix

What up with the crappy sound quality?

See my post, but it's due to frame skipping and the lack of audio sync.

Older versions of VBA are known for sound glitches with emerald. The svn versions fixed this but you still need to have audio sync enabled, and even then it's recommended to disable frame skipping - any modern computer can run the emulator at full speed. It just detects the fps strangely with emerald.

How come the voices are still being passed on then? They came from the Helix right from the start, just as you can hear the ocean from a shell.

Also, what's the deal with reddit limiting my posting by minute limits. I thought reddit was the awesome open internet front page.

The voices were there even before Helix come to us.

The voices can not be explained, can not be stopped, can not be understood.

Top Bottom