• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
good thing about Gen 3 is that I had a bootleged copy of saphire when I was a kid which was in english so I know at least know some of the english pokemon names.
Bad thing about that copy was that I couldn't save the game anymore after roughly finishing it once

I think we should grind with poochyena, it's a very badass pokemon I think

Isn't mightyena the rattata equivalent? I really wish we had Shedinja, it can tank a lot of stuff but it can also die really easy. It would be impossible to train

Edit: I had Pokemon Safiro and Esmeralda and the Pokemon names stayed in English.

Isn't mightyena the rattata equivalent? I really wish we had Shedinja, it can tank a lot of stuff but it can also die really easy. It would be impossible to train

Edit: I had Pokemon Safiro and Esmeralda and the Pokemon names stayed in English.

Once it learns Crunch it's pretty cool I think. But that takes a while

It was a bit more useful than that because of the dark type. When I played through ruby originally I used one in my elite 4 team.

I always thought Zigzagoon was the Ratatta equivalent.

-Horizon-

Are, are we trying to fight the gym leader again? Dooomed..

Also still waiting on any yandere A-chan fan art in the vein of Mirai Nikki so I can change my avatar.

Damn, we got an Abra. How the hell are we going to train that? Also, we are getting wrecked every time at the Gym. I hope we can get a Shedinja.

Crayolan

I wake up to see us getting sweeped by Roxanne's Geodude, lol. And for people thinking evolving Torchic will solve this-it won't. Combusken learns Double Kick at level 16. If you don't evolve it immediately at 16, Double Kick is lost forever without the Move Relearner.

Edit: Beaten. And yes, it's true.

-Horizon-

ok we finally stopped trying to go to the gym. good

is that true?

I wake up to see us getting sweeped by Roxanne's Geodude, lol. And for people thinking evolving Torchic will solve this-it won't. Combusken learns Double Kick at level 16. If you don't evolve it immediately at 16, Double Kick is lost forever without the Move Relearner.

Edit: Beaten. And yes, it's true.
RIP in peace Emerald run, it was fun while it lasted.

People need to stop spamming about double kick in the chat, we missed that boat ages ago. Torchic is pretty much screwed in terms of getting good moves unless we let it evolve right when it first can, which we've already messed up. If we go too far past 36 without evolving it twice it might as well just be released in the PC (which will probably happen sooner rather than later).

Crayolan

Be happy we chose Torchic now, our losing to Roxanne is the only thing preventing us from having another Gator situation early game.

RedShift

I thought Combusken auto learned Double kick once it evolved.

Only at level 16 apparently. There are a lot of moves you can only learn if you evolve ASAP. Really annoying when you accidentally level a Metapod from level 9 to level 11 in one battle and miss out on Confusion.

Top Bottom