• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Is it generally agreed gen 3 was the worst? I don't mean to say it was bad. But it was a series low. I'm not looking forward to the water.

5 is the worst. Boring region, bad starters, bad additions like triple battles and rotation battles, lack of any important gameplay change. (2 has new typed and special stat divided, 3 has abilities and natures, 4 physical and special split, 6 fairy typing and mega evolitions)

Edit: the got ember on the first slot? Miracles exists.

That motherfucking Altaria. Resistant to Fire and Water, and it knows Dragon Dance IIRC, so after about 5 moves it's unstoppable. Shedinja won't help either, everything in the gym can OHKO it.
Not only that, but getting to her will be a challenge.
The puzzle will take a few hours to get through...so every time we die. :(
We will be there awhile. Only hope is to out lvl her.

Not only that, but getting to her will be a challenge.
The puzzle will take a few hours to get through...so every time we die. :(
We will be there awhile. Only hope is to out lvl her.

1739223-fortree_gym_rs.png

Yeah, we're screwed.

Gsnap

Yeah, the gyms become more complex with each gen.

I can't imagine TPP getting through X and Y

EDIT: (Is that even possible? What with navigating 3D space and the fact that it uses the touch screen sometimes)

Red

I'm looking at Emerald cartridge prices and they are pretty ridiculous. There must have been so many of these carts printed yet used prices are still $40+, and who knows if the batteries will last much longer.

Maybe it's best to wait for the remake. I'd just like to catch up on games I missed or didn't spend a lot of time with. Emerald, FR/LG, SS/HG, Platinum... I want to build my collection for when Z releases, since I plan to hop back in then. How else can you access older Pokemon, especially starters and legendaries?

I'm looking at Emerald cartridge prices and they are pretty ridiculous. There must have been so many of these carts printed yet used prices are still $40+, and who knows if the batteries will last much longer.

Maybe it's best to wait for the remake. I'd just like to catch up on games I missed or didn't spend a lot of time with. Emerald, FR/LG, SS/HG, Platinum... I want to build my collection for when Z releases, since I plan to hop back in then. How else can you access older Pokemon, especially starters and legendaries?

Don't even remember me that. I sold my Pokemon Sapphire and I'm still mad about it. About the starters and legendaries, here is what I remember:
- Groudon you can get on SoulSilver, but you have do to something about the pokedex, like get the National one, etc.
- Kyogre you can get on HeartGold, with the same process as Groudon.
- Rayquaza you can get on both of them, but you need Kyogre AND Groudon.
- 3rd gen Starters you can get from Steven Stone after you beat Red on SS/HG.
- Most of the pokemon from FR/LG you can get on SS/HG, I think.
- 2nd gen Starters you can get by resetting SS/HG or on Emerald by completing the pokedex.
- The birds are on HG/SS.
- The dogs too.
- The Regis you can get on Black2/White2, with Regirock on both, Registeel on B2 and Regice on W2, on the Underground Ruins.
- Latias is on W2 and HG. Latios is on SS and B2.

The rest I can't remember.

Wasn't Zangoose a bitch to get, until Pokemon X. I have yet to actually being able to catch one.

Well, if you think those Hidden Grottos are a bitch and want one with the Hidden Ability, then yes, but you can get one on B2/W2 on the tall grass too.

The only pokemon that I want and cannot get is Groudon, since I don't have SS, only HG, and I don't freaking know where he went into on my Ruby cartridge.

Adrian121

So, about the puzzle in the final gym... how in the hell are we going to get through that? Doesn't seem possible without democracy.

So, about the puzzle in the final gym... how in the hell are we going to get through that? Doesn't seem possible without democracy.

We've already done it a couple of times'
EDIT: whoops, you said final gym. We should have democracy by that point/streamer reinstates it for that

Red

Don't even remember me that. I sold my Pokemon Sapphire and I'm still mad about it. About the starters and legendaries, here is what I remember:
- Groudon you can get on SoulSilver, but you have do to something about the pokedex, like get the National one, etc.
- Kyogre you can get on HeartGold, with the same process as Groudon.
- Rayquaza you can get on both of them, but you need Kyogre AND Groudon.
- 3rd gen Starters you can get from Steven Stone after you beat Red on SS/HG.
- Most of the pokemon from FR/LG you can get on SS/HG, I think.
- 2nd gen Starters you can get by resetting SS/HG or on Emerald by completing the pokedex.
- The birds are on HG/SS.
- The dogs too.
- The Regis you can get on Black2/White2, with Regirock on both, Registeel on B2 and Regice on W2, on the Underground Ruins.
- Latias is on W2 and HG. Latios is on SS and B2.

The rest I can't remember.
i just caught my first Latios in B2 yesterday. He sucks, has some nature that lowers his special attack and generally seems to have really poor IV distribution. I saved before checking his stats like an idiot. But I caught him in a great ball, which was nice since it matches his colors.

I have Pearl, White, and Black2, but there are Pokemon I really want from older games. It seems so trivial but TPP has got me in a Pokemon mood.

Don't you need to swap that key garbage in B2 to access all the Regis? I have no one I can trade.

On topic: this entire run seemed doomed from the start.

i just caught my first Latios in B2 yesterday. He sucks, has some nature that lowers his special attack and generally seems to have really poor IV distribution. I saved before checking his stats like an idiot. But I caught him in a great ball, which was nice since it matches his colors.

Heh, I remember when I got Mewtwo on Fire Red I think and he was like Impish or something (Def+, SpAtk -)

I have Pearl, White, and Black2, but there are Pokemon I really want from older games. It seems so trivial but TPP has got me in a Pokemon mood.

Damn, most of the old ones I only remember being able to get on HG/SS.

Don't you need to swap that key garbage in B2 to access all the Regis? I have no one I can trade.

On topic: this entire run seemed doomed from the start.

Yes, but to get the key to the other Regi, if I recall correctly. Getting the Regirock unlocks 1 key, and you can swap keys to get all three on 1 game, but I think that if you play alone you can get 2 out of 3

On topic: We must get Rock Smash on Azumarill to get at least a chance against the Magneton.

Mr-Joker

Banned
5 is the worst. Boring region, bad starters, bad additions like triple battles and rotation battles, lack of any important gameplay change. (2 has new typed and special stat divided, 3 has abilities and natures, 4 physical and special split, 6 fairy typing and mega evolitions)

Not true, Gen 5 introduced hidden ability, which changed the flow of competitive battle. Also Gen 5 changed the EXP formula making it easier to level grind and speeded up the battle flow.

Unicorn

Not true, Gen 5 introduced hidden ability, which changed the flow of competitive battle. Also Gen 5 changed the EXP formula making it easier to level grind and speeded up the battle flow.

HA was terrible in B/W1&2. Fuck using a facebook game to get those. Adding a 3rd ability is great, but how they implemented it was garbage. At least now, in gen 6 it's attainable in-game albeit through a garbage safari zone.

EXP ramping was garbage in B/W 1 right when you get to the elite 4. Becomes a grind way more than previous games. I actually transferred over a couple level 70's, thinking they'd rush me through the elite4, but that too was such a prolonged and difficult affair I was just even more outraged at the idea that had I NOT transferred I would have wasted even more time grinding for it. I haven't gotten to that point in B/W2 yet, so maybe they balanced the EXP gains there. Outside the E4 in BW1 the pokemon were too low of a level to fight to level up at a decent rate.

Red

Faster battles are what made gen 5 for me. Gen 4 was painfully slow.

Top Bottom