• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Chris R

Wow, such doge!

Any chance the current team beats the game? I mean without a TON of grinding. Just doesn't seem to be that strong of a team right now...

RedShift

Wow, such doge!

Any chance the current team beats the game? I mean without a TON of grinding. Just doesn't seem to be that strong of a team right now...

A Blaziken and an Azumarill could probably do it. A few Mightyenas couldn't hurt, but we'd probably want to get rid of the doges.

tumblr_llvzrztrH91qzmfk8o1_400.gif

This run is getting better and better.

3 doges....3 doge heads. Shall be named Fluffy.

So Iv been doing my own Emerald run. I got a shedinja. How do you use if effectively? It seems like every Pokemon can kill it.

Unlucky

We realize we must free up a slot in the party if we are to get a Shedinja, so we head to the daycare....and proceed to deposit Nincada.

Hey guys, haven't watched in a while. I see we've gotten lots of doges.

Also for shame for boxing Nincada.

So Iv been doing my own Emerald run. I got a shedinja. How do you use if effectively? It seems like every Pokemon can kill it.

Shedinja's ability causes only super effective moves to hit. So in order to use it effectively, you need to pit it against Pokemon that can't attack it.

RiggyRob

3 doges....3 doge heads. Shall be named Fluffy.

You need to know what moves that a Pokemon can learn in order for Shedinja not be horribly murdered, which doesn't really work outside of looking it up - even Pokemon you'd think a Bug/Ghost could wall like Hariyama and Chimecho can learn super-effective moves against it. It's actually a pretty bad Pokemon to use unless you're doing a special run like Twitch Plays or a Nuzlocke, and even then the use is limited.

In general, just keep fighting the same type Pokemon that Wonder Guard protects against for the best chance of survival.

Edit: Actually, take a tip from Smogon and give it Protect - that way you can check what moves the Pokemon it's facing will use (the AI will probably default to a super-effective one if it can).

Phew, while I was away I see that we put Nincada in the daycare, but actually took him back. Nice. Now we only need to get rid of 1 more dog.

Also, I thought this could be a great music for Torchic

Red

Is it generally agreed gen 3 was the worst? I don't mean to say it was bad. But it was a series low. I'm not looking forward to the water.

Partition

Banned
Is it generally agreed gen 3 was the worst? I don't mean to say it was bad. But it was a series low. I'm not looking forward to the water.

Hell no. It definitely is either "love it or hate it" for some people though. Its my favorite generation.

I think it is agreed that Gen 5 is the worst

GamerSoul

Gen 4 for me was the worst with 5 (I only played Black 1) not far behind. I thought I was going to quit the series (literally traded in my Diamond and Soul Silver games) but Gen 6 got me excited again. WHY did I trade in those games ;_; dammit

Its a very polarizing Gen, then again pretty much everything after Gen 1 is. I personally liked it, and I'm glad that the lore for TPP Emerald isn't walking in Red's shadow as much as Crystal did.

Nope, in fact, if looking at mechanics and the games themselves, I would sat Gen 1 was the worst by far

Otherwise there is no low point for me

RedShift

Wattson fight is happening.

His voltorb immediately uses Self Destruct. Doesn't even KO Azumarill, who was already like half health.

So basically, there is no general agreement about the worst gen.

Well, this fanbase is made up of millions of people so opinions would naturally be all over the place. A decade ago it was much easier to find a consensus for 3 being bad since many people were upset about not being able to transfer from GSC and Hoenn being isolated from the first two regions.

Well, this fanbase is made up of millions of people so opinions would naturally be all over the place. A decade ago it was much easier to find a consensus for 3 being bad since many people were upset about not being able to transfer from GSC and Hoenn being isolated from the first two regions.

Really, THAT was the reason.

My opinion is that most fans grew up, and disavowed later gens, as do some that grew up with gen 3 and 4. Reason why it looked like a majority is that the gen 3 generation was still too young to get their voices heard on the internet

RedShift

Really, THAT was the reason.

My opinion is that most fans grew up, and disavowed later gens, as do some that grew up with gen 3 and 4. Reason why it looked like a majority is that the gen 3 generation was still too young to get their voices heard on the internet

I was really pissed about it when I was younger. No Day/Night, no radio, no phone, no trading from Gen II. And I really thought there were two ports so one could take you to Kanto and the other to Johto. Pretty disappointing. Plus, mostly new Pokemon. And not being able to catch the other version's legendary later on like you could in GSC.

But looking back Gen III is clearly the best.

I was really pissed about it when I was younger. No Day/Night, no radio, no phone, no trading from Gen II. And I really thought there were two ports so one could take you to Kanto and the other to Johto. Pretty disappointing. Plus, mostly new Pokemon. And not being able to catch the other version's legendary later on like you could in GSC.

But looking back Gen III is clearly the best.

Yeah, on its own merits, RSE was a solid entry to the series. Everything was in full color, Pokemon distribution and level scale were both good, and Hoenn had a lot of nice secret areas and side-quests you could check out. My opinion of the Hoenn games changed drastically when the remakes of RBY/GSC happened and alleviated the issue of getting older Pokemon.

My biggest issue with Pokemon games is when they don't have good post-games.

Gen 3 coming right after Gen 2 which had 2 regions was very disappointing.

Loved Emerald, Firered, Soul Silver, etc.

My biggest issue with Pokemon games is when they don't have good post-games.

Gen 3 coming right after Gen 2 which had 2 regions was very disappointing.

Loved Emerald, Firered, Soul Silver, etc.

XY really burned me hard on that front. At least with BW It had the novelty of about 150 new Pokemon which gave me an excuse to do a lot of replays. The legendaries weren't hand-me downs from Gen 1, either.

Red

Surprised so many of you are big on gen 3. I didn't think it was bad, but I disliked the overworld. I didn't play it until after Pearl, and I thought it was down there with gen 4 as just okay.

I agree when you consider them all now, gen 1 is the worst, but of course it is. I remember people being really disappointed with RSE at release, which is why I asked.

My favorite has been 5, and I'm almost shocked to hear dissent about that. I haven't played X/Y yet, but I'm returning to Black 2 now after not playing for over a year (game clock was last at October 2012), and I love it. I'm running post game and keep encountering events and unique trainer battles, tons to do.

No one will trade me a grass starter though and I need one to finish the Unova dex. Went to GTS Negotiations last night for shits and giggles and was presented a shiny lvl 24 Ho-oh. Was that garbage ever blocked for gen 6? I'm fine with using hacked Pokemon in game but they have no business getting online and polluting the ecosystem.

Maybe it's because I apparently soloed B2 using only Lucario, but post game seems a little tougher than others I remember. A good thing. Don't know what I was thinking with a single main. Must have been rushing to complete it. I've since added a moxie Krookodile, but I need to round things out. Big weakness to flying and fighting right now.

And Bibarel is way more badass than I remember. I had him + Tropius as my HM slaves, both mid-40s, but Bib's taking like 2-3 hits from powerful water attacks by Pokemon 20 levels higher than him and shrugging like it ain't no thing. He's saved me a couple of times now.

Top Bottom