• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Unlucky

Should put the dog back in the daycare until it learns Take Down. Not going to level up 4 times with only Swagger.
Apparently the plan is to teach Pacifist Doge to Rock Smash. If the one that's in daycare now is taken back before level 28, he'll still know Bite.

Kensuke

I can't believe how low the viewership is currently. Under 4000, was it ever this low with Crystal?

I guess the novelty has worn off for most people. I'm enjoying this run way more that the last one though.

I guess I underestimated it, haha. We did manage to do it a couple of times in past runs.

I come back and now we have a pacifist dog and a Emberless Torchic? And we didn't even got the badge yet? This is too good to be true.

Not really. The aussies are letting us down.

xyzls

one day later AAAAND we are STILL here
M3WOgHR.png

I guess based on gen1 TPP, we'll have another 2 days before they give us back our democracy.

Nicarda is in PC, so a quarter of Twitch belonging to that faction are always going the other direction because WE NEEDS SHEDINJA! WE NEEDS A LORE!!

harmonize

How in the hell are you guys still on Wattson? The guy only has one Pokemon that can even damage a Shedinja, he should be an absolute faceroll
please tell me you guys got a Shedinja from that Nincada

Also only 4000 people watching? Damn, it should be even easier in this case.

CCS

Banned
How in the hell are you guys still on Wattson? The guy only has one Pokemon that can even damage a Shedinja, he should be an absolute faceroll
please tell me you guys got a Shedinja from that Nincada

Also only 4000 people watching? Damn, it should be even easier in this case.

Nope, our nincada's still only level 14 and its in the pc.

How was it not a good thing?

HE's saying Emerald din't have it yet

I somewhat like it. That and smaller, weaker movepools, gave your team more of a tactical and team approach, although I love post physical special split too and appreciate not having to use hp flying salamence or gyrados

RiggyRob

HE's saying Emerald din't have it yet

I somewhat like it. That and smaller, weaker movepools, gave your team more of a tactical and team approach, although I love post physical special split too and appreciate not having to use hp flying salamence or gyrados

The Physical/Special split ruined replaying all games before Platinum for me (Diamond/Pearl are just too slow), I honestly can't play those games now

GimMick

Told you guys.

Wattson is tough enough with an actual team, never mind our ragtag bunch of misfits.

Yep. Most people in here and in the chat have underestimated Wattson :

- His Pokémon are all fast. Even if you have the power to OHKO most of them, they still have the possibility to damage you, but also paralyze you, hampering your offensive (and rendering moves like Rollout near useless).
- All his Pokémon know one Normal move which mean you can't even use a Ground-type as a proper defensive counter (like our Nincada)
- All his Pokémon know Shock Wave which NEVER miss, so you can't even use Sand Attack or other evasion moves to clutch your way out Bird Jesus-style.

Add the fact that this is TPP and that our only good Pokémon right now is a Water-type who just cannot withstand 4 Electric Pokémon in a row like that, and you have a nice recipe for repeated failures. And this is going to get worse for the last quarter of the game with a team similar to the current one :p

To be fair though, if it was Ruby/Sapphire we would already be past this point as Wattson doesn't have a Manectric there. But all those challenges make the run much more interesting and funny to me !

Red

The Physical/Special split ruined replaying all games before Platinum for me (Diamond/Pearl are just too slow), I honestly can't play those games now
I see. I agree, it is my favorite change since the beginning of the series.

I want to restart Pearl but I dread the battle speed. I hear Platinum is quicker but exorbitant prices for used carts are a real cockblock.

Shedinja would actually work for this fight.

...but I don't think it's worth our time. Shedinja will get wrecked the rest of the game.

Can we fish for a Barboach or (Volt Absorb) Chinchou or something at this point? I think we're too far away from a cave to catch a quick Geodude.

Shedinja would actually work for this fight.

...but I don't think it's worth our time. Shedinja will get wrecked the rest of the game.

Can we fish for a Barboach or (Volt Absorb) Chinchou or something at this point? I think we're too far away from a cave to catch a quick Geodude.

Nope and nope. Chinchou is FAR away. Barboach is at the soot filled town/route outside meteor falls. Geodude we could get through rock smashing rocks on route above mauville, but we cant rock smash

Unless you can get geodude in the Verdanturf-Rustobro tunnel/cave?

wmlk

Nope and nope. Chinchou is FAR away. Barboach is at the soot filled town/route outside meteor falls. Geodude we could get through rock smashing rocks on route above mauville, but we cant rock smash

Unless you can get geodude in the Verdanturf-Rustobro tunnel/cave?

The Rusturf Tunnel is known for only having Whismur.

Top Bottom