• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I don't suppose someone could give me the Sparks Notes version of what has occurred after we beat Wattson? I've been busy with uni.

Edit: Woah! We have a Kadabra?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The developers knew we were coming and planned ahead. Gym full of ledges.

Reyne

The ledges always did seem arbitrary until TPP came along and gave a whole new meaning to everything.

Also, Azumarill will Rollout this whole gym. It have become our go-to strategy for everything at this point. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The ledges always did seem arbitrary until TPP came along and gave a whole new meaning to everything.

Also, Azumarill will Rollout this whole gym. It have become our go to strategy for everything at this point. :p

As moves go, Roll Out was built for us. Just need to select it once, and that's the next 5 turns sorted.

GimMick

I feel we're going to need another version of this famous gif with this gym :

0bb.gif

CCS

Banned
Dammit, I go to play rugby today and we actually make a ton of progress. How did we beat the gym that quickly?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Is there a good summary out there? I haven't been really following since we beat the first gym.
The live updates one is too detailed and the update google doc isn't very detailed at all!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a good summary out there? I haven't been really following since we beat the first gym.
The live updates one is too detailed and the update google doc isn't very detailed at all!

Since the first gym; we left to Dewford and managed to beat Brawly almost straight away, he just wasn't a match for us. Progress went fairly well up to Slateport and the start of the cycling road with a bizarrely small amount of mishaps. We added more Poochyenas and some miscellaneous other Pokemon. Mr. T was a bit of an obstacle underneath the Cycling Road, but we passed on the 6th (?) try. Then... we ran into the Wattson block. It took us over 27 tries, and before the 25th we released Zexy in an attempt to re-organize the team. Eventually, we succeeded by evolving Dottie into a Ninjask and a Shedinja, and Shedinja and Bloody Marill together succeeded in taking him down. However, the Mauville refused to end, as we then had to teach Rock Smash to the Dogeyena. We were so unsuccessful that we managed to teach every other TM we had in the meanwhile, although the upside of this was that Abra got attacking moves and was finally evolved. We eventually taught Rock Smash to Azumarill of all Pokemon, and managed to get onto Route 111. Progress was again pretty quick from there, if only because Bloody Marill just wrecks everything with Rollout as Pokemon AI is shit and doesn't understand how to cope with Rollout. We had a clutch comeback to win against Maxie from 6HP down, and then went on to Flannery. Hardest part of the Flannery debacle wasn't Flannery, who was pretty easy, but navigating her gym, which was filled with ledges. Now we're moving upwards and onwards.

Top Bottom