• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I like how everyone started to underestimate the PC, thinking it was becoming benign.

In reality it was luring us into a false sense of security until it was time to spring the trap.

Crayolan

muricans actually putting in work? Is bloody marill that damn good?

With the loss of Torchic, Azumarill is pretty much our Bird Jesus this run. Fitting too, since Bird Jesus only rose to power once Abby was released.

If the PC wasn't so dangerous, I'd say we just box Oddish.

Agreed. Oddish is worthless with no redeeming qualities. We could easily just drop it in the daycare and never come back for it, there are plenty of good pokemon coming up which start at higher levels. A Tentacool or other water pokemon would be especially great, as it would fix our problem of needing to put HMs on Azumarill, and potentially losing Rollout.

Where's torchic?

tumblr_mmho0rgx8C1sqr9w8o1_r2_400.gif

Crayolan

For people who have missed a lot of the playthrough, some guy made a short (7 minute) summary of our adventure from the start up to defeating Maxie on Mt. Chimney. IMO, it doesn't go in depth on certain parts enough (such as our terrible struggle with Wattson), but it does a good enough job of getting the point across promptly. Also includes the video of our victory against Wattson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qA7yhMhibs

Crayolan

Go into daycare to deposit Oddish. End up depositing Azumarill and Shedinja. LOL
Plus we just managed throw away 13 great balls.

Gsnap

But oddish is still worthless and wingull is too unless they can evolve it. People are just too scared of the PC since we released Zexy to attempt to move the party around at all.

Don't care. The run needs azumarill and shedinja. Because they're interesting. Get rid of them and we're left with a bunch of dogs.

Mr. Patch

We're probably have to face the PC sooner or later.

Azumarill can only carry us so far.
Shedinja is an all or nothing gimmick.
Kadabra needs to be grinded.
Doge is useless until we evolve it and at least teach it strength.
Wingull needs to evolve for Surf
Oddish just sucks.

Don't care. The run needs azumarill and shedinja. Because they're interesting. Get rid of them and we're left with a bunch of dogs.
They'd be better off just getting more money and then trying the daycare approach again. They could afford to deposit the wrong Pokemon a few times if they had a decent amount of cash. Once Oddish is in there, then go catch something decent... Or try to.

Gsnap

They'd be better off just getting more money and then trying the daycare approach again. They could afford to deposit the wrong Pokemon a few times if they had a decent amount of cash. Once Oddish is in there, then go catch something decent... Or try to.

I'm willing to accept these daycare shenanigans if the stream is willing to stay at the daycare for as long as it takes to get the right pokemon in.

Crayolan

I agree, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to clear out the trash. We made some pretty impressive teams in the last two games, no reason we can't do the same here.

We're probably have to face the PC sooner or later.

Azumarill can only carry us so far.
Shedinja is an all or nothing gimmick.
Kadabra needs to be grinded.
Doge is useless until we evolve it and at least teach it strength.
Wingull needs to evolve for Surf
Oddish just sucks.

Exactly. Oddish is the weakest link, it must die (or preferably be dropped in the day care indefinitely).

Gsnap

I agree, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to clear out the trash. We made some pretty impressive teams in the last two games, no reason we can't do the same here.

Exactly. Oddish is the weakest link, it must die (or preferably be dropped in the day care indefinitely).

Eh. Yes and no. If oddish were to level up it wouldn't be worthless. And that can be said of any pokemon in PvE.

But like I said, as long as they stay away from the pc for as long as possible, I'm fine with them messing around with the daycare center. This run would just be significantly less interesting if there are too many discards, though.

Top Bottom