• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
We're probably have to face the PC sooner or later.

Azumarill can only carry us so far.
Shedinja is an all or nothing gimmick.
Kadabra needs to be grinded.
Doge is useless until we evolve it and at least teach it strength.
Wingull needs to evolve for Surf
Oddish just sucks.

Maybe.
If M4 had huge power, she definitely couldve of carried us much farther than what her limits will be
Doge will eventually evolve

Btw, we now have th ability to have a full doge team.
Don't let the chat know, we might get a LOOONG PC visit

My sides
rAO8bxp.gif

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Well that must have been embarrassing for Shedinja. Buffeted by sandstorm lol.

xyzls

Not really, its more like we can press multiple buttons at once now.

If you UP+DOWN, it only registers up. Same with left right.

I don't see the point, don't remember needing multiple buttons, unless the myth holds that pressing UP+LEFT+A+B when the pokeball closes increases your chance of catching pokemon, lol.

We also got WAIT now...

TheOGB

Banned
Oh cool, now we can make A look crazier with random bursts of sprinting

I do like that the command that's being executed is highlighted.

Oh cool, now we can make A look crazier with random bursts of sprinting

I do like that the command that's being executed is highlighted.

Sorry for off topic question, but what is your avatar from? its been eating at me ever since I saw it a few days ago.

ON TOPIC: Man I have not been watching this playthrough at all......only Torchic was released? poor fella.

CCS

Banned
Despite all the fucking around, at the moment we're actually getting through this faster than we did with Red.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Despite all the fucking around, at the moment we're actually getting through this faster than we did with Red.

You say that, but I think that's just because the amount of stuff to do between Flannery and Norman is very small compared to the amount between Erika and Koga (Rocket Base, Pokemon Tower). Now we've cleared Norman, we have to navigate an absolutely huge route without the capacity to heal, clear a small 'dungeon', and do a rival battle, before we can get to Winona, whereas Koga to Sabrina is pretty quick. I don't think we're going to be tracking ahead of Red for very long.

CCS

Banned
You say that, but I think that's just because the amount of stuff to do between Flannery and Norman is very small compared to the amount between Erika and Koga (Rocket Base, Pokemon Tower). Now we've cleared Norman, we have to navigate an absolutely huge route without the capacity to heal, clear a small 'dungeon', and do a rival battle, before we can get to Winona, whereas Koga to Sabrina is pretty quick. I don't think we're going to be tracking ahead of Red for very long.

Well it took Red till near the end of day 10 to get the 6th badge so if we beat Winona within the next 3 days we'll still be ahead of Red.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well it took Red till near the end of day 10 to get the 6th badge so if we beat Winona within the next 3 days we'll still be ahead of Red.

I'm really not optimistic. We have to teach multiple HMs in that time-frame.

CassSept

There is one huge BUT. In Red 6th badge is after all the Rocket story encounters. In Emerald we're still going to face most of the story-related encounters and they will take a long time because holy watery Hoenn Batman.

CCS

Banned
There is one huge BUT. In Red 6th badge is after all the Rocket story encounters. In Emerald we're still going to face most of the story-related encounters and they will take a long time because holy watery Hoenn Batman.

True. Its kind of a lottery on how long it'll take them to teach Surf. We could teach it soon, or we could still be here in 3 days.

GimMick

I hate this new set-up so much. blargh

Wat.

It's fundamentally the same thing except Select is now available as well without risking a soft reset. Compound commands also opens up a bit more our options, having combos that can work for different situations making it easier to deal with the delay.

We'll have to wait a while for the novelty to wear off since many people find it funny to write up words using the new system...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wat.

It's fundamentally the same thing except Select is now available as well without risking a soft reset. Compound commands also opens up a bit more our options, having combos that can work for different situations making it easier to deal with the delay.

We'll have to wait a while for the novelty to wear off since many people find it funny to write up words using the new system...

I hate it for two reasons: a) the flashy white thing showing you which command is going through is irritating, and b) compound commands are goddamn annoying. There's no need for compound commands in Pokemon, and all it leads to is extra layers of confusion and trolling.

I hate it for two reasons: a) the flashy white thing showing you which command is going through is irritating, and b) compound commands are goddamn annoying. There's no need for compound commands in Pokemon, and all it leads to is extra layers of confusion and trolling.
The combo commands allow for more precise controls in battles and in hard to navigate areas. Now if you want to attack in battle, just spam up+left and hope you have something good in the first slot.

The combo commands allow for more precise controls in battles and in hard to navigate areas. Now if you want to attack in battle, just spam up+left and hope you have something good in the first slot.

No it doesn't. You're not entering the commands sequentially, you're entering them together.

Top Bottom