• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald: Right A Down, Right A Down

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
No it doesn't. You're not entering the commands sequentially, you're entering them together.
Won't up+left choose the upper left option? I think that's typically how simultaneous input is handled. It's really a question of whether they did something like:

if(Input.buttondown(Dpad_up))
GoUp()
if(Input.buttondown(Dpad_left))
GoLeft()

Or they did:

if(Input.buttondown(Dpad_up))
GoUp()
else if(Input.buttondown(Dpad_left))
GoLeft()

If the former, button commands should work. If the latter, they won't.

Mr. Patch

Looking at the discussions in the chat now, I knew we should've caught a damn Lotad. It could be a perfect HM slave as Lombre. :/

We are really struggling to determine who we want to get Surf.

Crayolan

Come back to see that no one has gained any levels except for useless plant. Wow.

Also slightly different input system. Can't wait till we get to the PC and people start spamming release commands.

lol @ all the "SELECTBRA" commands.

-Horizon-

Multiple command inputs? Oh snap!
DOOOOOMED x 10

And we're in the desert? Love that place. It was just such a new type of place that gen 3 introduced after coming from G/S/C.

We have so many potentially good pokemon in the PC now... I guess we should prepare for minor bloodletting and TONS of team shifting. We should probably just put zexinja, bloody marrill, and possibly fap junky in the daycare while we play russian roulette until we get a decent team... though we'd have to make sure we only had a team of 3 when leaving the PC.

the PC will be total chaos. We got so many Pokemon right now and many of them at rather low level. If we store Azumarill or Pochy we will never get them back

Mr. Patch

Current Plan: Fap Junky and Bird Cop are in daycare. Grind/Make money doing trainer rematches. Goal is to get Wingull to evolve so it can be taught Surf without risking the loss of Rollout on Azumarill

Adrian121

They need to search Surf to Azumarill already. It's going to take us a long time get through the next route because its so long and Im sure we will faint multiple times.

Crayolan

Apparently the current plan is to run around aimlessly for roughly an hour which will bring Wingull up to at least 24 and get Kadabra some levels too. Actually a pretty clever plan.

The reason we want Wingull at 24 is to evolve him at 25, at which point we can teach him surf so we dont have to risk losing rollout on azumarill.

Now if only we could coordinate replacing Oddish.

Apparently the current plan is to run around aimlessly for roughly an hour which will bring Wingull up to at least 24 and get Kadabra some levels too. Actually a pretty clever plan.

So the plan is to play TPP as normal.

The reason we want Wingull at 24 is to evolve him at 25, at which point we can teach him surf so we dont have to risk losing rollout on azumarill.

Do we have enough money?

That would imply we find a way to mess up something this simple. So I hope.

I think so. Unless of course if we walk off somewhere far away and black out.

Well we just withdrew a level 12 poochy from the PC, making it impossible to withdraw both characters from the daycare.

backlot

Well we just withdrew a level 12 poochy from the PC, making it impossible to withdraw both characters from the daycare.

As long as we have one empty party slot we can withdraw one Pokemon from daycare and deposit another one. Theoretically we could leave the 12 Poochyena in the daycare and walk away with our main six.

As long as we have one empty party slot we can withdraw one Pokemon from daycare and deposit another one. Theoretically we could leave the 12 Poochyena in the daycare and walk away with our main six.

Yeah I mean impossible to do it without depositing the Poochy... which might prove difficult unless it automatically chooses the bottom of our party.

backlot

Yeah I mean impossible to do it without depositing the Poochy... which might prove difficult unless it automatically chooses the bottom of our party.

If we just spam A at the daycare lady it will cycle through depositing and withdrawing all the Pokemon in our party. Eventually we'll be able to walk away with the right Pokemon as long as we have enough money.

Top Bottom