• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Virginia television journalists fatally shot in on-air attack[READ OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

For people just joining, the red-haired guy in the picture is Allison Parker's boyfriend, another reporter at the station. The black guy in that picture is not the shooter.

The cameraman who was killed was engaged to a morning producer at the station - this was her last day at the station and he was planning on joining her fairly soon.

It almost looked in the POV video that Alison turned to the right and saw the person a few seconds before he started shooting.

I think she did turn and see him, but the threat didn't register as she was focused on her job. From her view it probably appeared as just some weird guy wanting to get close to news story being recorded.

This isn't about guns (I'm against guns). It's about mentally sick people. The only way to prevent this from happening would be screening everyone's mental health. I doubt that will happen anytime soon. He could have used any other weapon in this situation.

people's mental state can vary from year to year, month to month, day to day or even hour to hour. being able to guarantee people are 100% mentally healthy is a very hard thing to do. this fucker could have passed a psych test the previous day and still committed these murderers.

Patrick S.

Banned
I saw the first couple of seconds. As soon as he pulled out the gun I had to shut it off. This is evil.

At that point, he doesn't start shooting.
He points the gun at the female victim for a couple of seconds and just stands there aiming at her. Then he slowly moves behind the cameraman and starts shooting at the woman.
It is so horrible what man does, I'm sick to my stomach right now.

This isn't about guns (I'm against guns). It's about mentally sick people. The only way to prevent this from happening would be screening everyone's mental health. I doubt that will happen anytime soon. He could have used any other weapon in this situation.

If you give guns to nobody then even mentally sick people won't have guns
and no this wouldn't have happened in the same way with a fucking knife stop kidding yourself

Why were you guys linking this a couple of pages back? I know it's suspended now, but still. Honest question.

videos weren't up back then

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There were no videos when the Twitter account was linked, just some tweets about him confessing to it.

Once the videos went up, people shouldn't have linked anymore.

I don't even think that he had posted yet when I first got there. Then 3 or 4 tweets came in fast.

Cake Boss

Banned
No kidding....nor is that the camera man...

The other dude is her fiance who works at the station.

Gawker posted this.

1402716001964565138.png

If you give guns to nobody then even mentally sick people won't have guns
and no this wouldn't have happened in the same way with a fucking knife stop kidding yourself

videos weren't up back then

I know, but would it have mattered here? He could have done it with a knife. He was out to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom