• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TX State Senator leads 11 hour filibuster that successfully beats anti-abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobriquet

ZikAC9N.png

It's official. Damn, what a day, what a crazy series of events, what an ending. Thank god for the people who erupted and went on nonstop at the very end.

The Democrat senators really stepped up today. Davis was incredible and Watson coming in and saving it was too. The crowd carrying on to finish it off was amazing.

I still can't get over how I'm watching this in real time on that guy's Ustream feed.

Hey there Mr. Dido, you think you're a Hollywood director now? What's with that pan up and spin around to show the crowd on the second floor?

sangreal

Guys, this is not the end. Perry can call another special session tomorrow if he wants. Let's see.

Yes, but that will open up more options (for both sides). They may not want to go through the fight again either.

I don't think the other bills passed either, so he may have to call a session

Wallach

Get dunked on.

The real question is whether people are going to be held accountable for the fucking shameful display that got put on here, and unfortunately I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Alexlf

Women's rights won tonight, but any way you cut it this was not a good day for democracy.

Naw, I'd argue that it was a massive win for democracy. First off, a majority of the state was opposed to the bill (see earlier in the thread). Second, the republicans started to break the rules, and the people themselves shut them down.

Negator

Amazing.

The energy in that ustream is beyond overwhelming. I'm so glad that the people took a stand against shady courtroom shenanigans, and I hope that somehow these clowns will face repercussions for making a total mockery of the system.

Maybe Texas isn't so bad after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom