• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is quitting Tokyo Game Show 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ubisoft Japan have cancelled their planned TGS online stream due to 'various circumstances'" Via Genki a content creator from Japan

Ubisoft Japan Twitter:
Dear community Regarding our online exhibit at "TOKYO GAME SHOW 2024", scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m. on September 26th, we regret to inform you that due to various circumstances, we have decided to cancel our exhibit.
The currently ongoing giveaway campaign to commemorate the official release will continue.
We apologize for the short notice. We sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the release
Ubisoft Inc.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Ubisoft gonna be like :

why are you running GIF

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Ubisoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by forcing DEI into historical fiction. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase AC: Shadows for either system, nor will they purchase any of Ubisoft’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ubisoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ubisoft, publicly apologize and make Yasuke Japanese or you can kiss your business goodbye.

GHG

In the age when NeoGAF and the like are going on about people losing their jobs and livelihoods and horrible the industry is.
You post that comment.

What a cock

You don't care about people's jobs or livelihoods, fair enough...

Why are you so butthurt about this?

People who are talented will continue to work in some capacity and will find new work. It's not my responsibility (nor the wider markets) to keep them employed while they continually do a shit job.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by forcing DEI into historical fiction. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

It's a game mate and it's not even like a Japanese team making it. Given how liberal some Japanese developers are with Western history and culture, it's a bit ironic to see a few Japanese people get upset.
Thought I suspect most Japanese gamers couldn't give a toss.

People who are talented will continue to work in some capacity and will find new work. It's not my responsibility (nor the wider markets) to keep them employed while they continually do a shit job.
I don't seem to remember you saying when the Hi-Fi Rush team were told to pack their bags

Stu_Hart

Ubisoft just shot themselves in the foot.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase AC: Shadows for either system, nor will they purchase any of Ubisoft’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Ubisoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ubisoft, publicly apologize and make Yasuke Japanese or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Since when was AC ever popular in japan?
Speaking of culture, you do know that the japanese know full well that yasuke is black, right? Their issue wasn't about race, but the inaccuracies. You are the one making it about race.

Top Bottom