• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen - LIVE on PPV 8/7 - 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know thats a good idea. I would an extra 5 bux or so to see all the prelims.. Git'r dun...

I am not making any picks because most fights could go either way. But damn this card should be amazing. They really need to do a TUF Usa vs Brazil next.

Fio

Silva x Sonnen.

Silva, easily. Sonnen winning would be the biggest upset of the history of the sport, Sonnen isn't better than Silva in any area but takedowns. While he can take Silva down a couple of times, I doubt he will be able to do this during five rounds while escaping Silva's submissions.

Silva by TKO

Fitch x Alves

It can go either way, of course, but I think Alves is a better fighter and will win, even though he absolutely has to stop Fitch's takedowns, if he doesn't do that Fitch will grind out a victory by unanimous decision.

Alves by TKO.

Guida x Dos Anjos

If Dos Anjos manages to effectively take Guida down and keep him there I can see him pulling a sub victory, but I think he'll eventually get gassed and Guida will enter in crazy mode like he always does and will pull a split decision victory.

Guida by split decision.

Hughes x Almeida

I don't know. In his last fights Hughes didn't look that much motivated. I believe if Almeida pushes him too hard he will win.

Almeida by UD.

Roy x Dos Santos

Dos Santos by murder. When your opponent is one of the best strikers in the business you're in a bad spot, when your opponent is also taller, faster, stronger and has a big reach advantage over you, you're fucked.

Dos Santos by KO.

It's a shame that the undercard isn't being aired, some great fights in there. I'd love to see Hazelett's fight, this guy can pull some crazy submissions.

Slizz

Usually I root for the shit-talkers in fights, but damn Sonnen is fucking annoying. I don't know really what it is other than I think he lacks any sort of charisma to talk THAT much shit. Kinda hoping for a vicious knockout by Silva.

Zeliard

Slizz said:
Usually I root for the shit-talkers in fights, but damn Sonnen is fucking annoying. I don't know really what it is other than I think he lacks the charisma to talk THAT much shit. Kinda hoping for a vicious knockout by Silva.

His shit-talking is pretty disgraceful, as well.

Like that one quote he had about Anderson Silva wearing "pink shirts" and "earrings", and how a person like that would get "run out of his neighborhood." Disgusting.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't like that he keeps talking shit about Ace......who also wears a lot of pink. The man must really hate that color. Fucking colorists!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the only thing that bugs me about sonnen's trash-talk is that half of it barely even makes any sense. like how he went on about HEY THIS GUY CAN SPEAK ENGLISH HE'S BEEN LYING THIS WHOLE TIME forever. and then at times it seems oddly specific and personal. just weird

Fio

AstroLad said:
the only thing that bugs me about sonnen's trash-talk is that half of it barely even makes any sense. like how he went on about HEY THIS GUY CAN SPEAK ENGLISH HE'S BEEN LYING THIS WHOLE TIME forever. and then at times it seems oddly specific and personal. just weird

Actually he says that Silva speaks perfectly English. This always cracks me up because of how random and nonsensical it is.

Asbel

i'm so sure sonnen's gonna win that i'm gonna start hating him now.

i hope alves ktfo fitch and i'm sure dos santos will ktfo roy.

Bishman

Anderson Silva Vs Chael Sonnen

Anderson%20Silva%203.jpg

silva%20compilation.gif

silva%20v%20marquardt.gif

silva%20v%20leben.gif

silva%20v%20irvin%20leg%20kick%20counter.gif

silva%20v%20franklin%20broken%20nose.gif

^

What all the fans, media, and Chael Sonnen want from Anderson Silva. For him to fight!

Chael Sonnen has talked a lot of shit. Jesus christ... I have never seen any troll any fighter like Chael has done with Anderson. All of Chael Sonnen's trolling on Anderson Silva in video. Chael Sonnen will have to grind hard for 5 long rounds to beat Anderson Silva. He could pull it off but that means 5 opportunities for Anderson Silva to knock him out. Silva will get taken down but I think everyone overlooks his BJJ skills. Dan Henderson took down Anderson Silva down with ease and Silva was chilling on the ground. He didn't take any damage. Plus with all the trash that Chael Sonnen has talked... Silva will want to KO bad like he did Leben.

Anderson Silva by KO in the 2nd round. Silva may even submit Chael Sonnen for fun. Or he will choose to clown Chael for 5 rounds. :lol

silva-griffin.gif
SilvaSubmitsHenderson.gif
silva%20v%20franklin%20dance.gif

Jon Fitch Vs Thiago Alves

The battle of the #2 and #3 welter weights in the world. You have Jon Fitch was has only lost to GSP in UFC. Only one loss! Then you have Alves who has improved so drastic, wrecking everyone in the 170 division. And gave GSP a war. Alves's takedown defense is A+. He stopped Koscheck's takedown with ease. And shrugged off a few of GSP's attempts. This is going to be a war. You can flip a coin with this match up. But there is no bigger guarantee in MMA than Fitch by decision.

2gsgwwm.jpg

Clay Guida Vs Rafael Dos Anjos

GUIDA! GUIDA! GUIDA! All his fights are always exciting. Dos Anjos has the possibility of sub'ing Guida. I hope not.

Guida by decision.

huertaguidastaredown.gif

Matt Hughes Vs Ricardo Almeida

Almieida will sub Hughes! I am calling it.

imi7vt.jpg

Roy Nelson Vs Junior Dos Santos

Dos Santos is going to murder Big Country! Watch Roy Nelson vs Arlovski... 'nuff said. Dos Santos 1st round KO!

20itp1g.gif

Instro

Clay Guida Vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt HughesVs Ricardo Almeida

Silva will destroy Sonnen. Great card for sure though.

Bishman

Brian Fellows said:
You mean the fight where Big Country got fucked over by being stood up while working a Kimura?
:lol :lol :lol

Besides that - he got owned standing with someone by good boxing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Bishman said:
:lol :lol :lol

Besides that - he got owned standing with someone by good boxing.

That he did. But maybe he finally gets that kimura if the fight isn't stood up. Or maybe he stays on top the rest of the round and recovers fully during the 1 minute break thanks to his super human cardio. :D

Great card.

Clay 'Frank The Carpenter' Guida Vs Rafael Dos Anjos
Matt Hughes Vs Ricardo Almeida

I desperately want to see Big Country vs. Brock.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Fio said:
Roy x Dos Santos

Dos Santos by murder. When your opponent is one of the best strikers in the business you're in a bad spot, when your opponent is also taller, faster, stronger and has a big reach advantage over you, you're fucked.

Dos Santos by KO.

You did see him KNOCK Stefan Struve THE FUCK OUT right?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
dem said:
Struve is not exactly a dynamo on the feet..

His main strength is striking. He is also taller, had a huge reach and who knows maybe stonger or faster.

But eh JDS knock him out as well so yeah..........

Gonna be a good fight.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
he did ok against schaub though, who seems to be a decent striker (obviously not on jds level). country is SMART though, which gives him a huge edge in most fights. he will try to take jds down almost no question.

dem

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
His main strength is striking. He is also taller, had a huge reach and who knows maybe stonger or faster.

But eh JDS knock him out as well so yeah..........

Gonna be a good fight.

His main strength is definitely not his striking...

I mean fuck.. just look at his record. 14 subs in 19 wins.

He barely beat Buentello... and he must have had a foot of reach on him :lol

Pimpwerx

Silva might lose a decision, if he just doesn't care. We've seen that his motivation is questionable, so I can't fault a Sonnen pick. But if Silva is even remotely interested in this fight, he's gonna kill Sonnen, and it won't even be close. I'm honestly not impressed with this card. Top to bottom, I think it looks lame. I don't know why Dana lets Silva headline by himself, but I assume he's still a big draw. I figure he should be co-headlining these days. PEACE.

VASPER

Banned
Wow i cant even try and watch the Anderson vs Maia fight, its just too painful. Anderson better put on a Rich Franklin or Forrest fight or bust.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Anderson's facial expressions were great throughout.
Anderson is also the #1 p4p in awesome facial expressions. Looking away from Chael killed it for me :lol I was undecided on who to root for but I'll root Anderson now

Until he pulls off the same bullshit in the octagon yet again and restarts the "Anderson main-event cycle" where we all hate him again.

Rur0ni

I don't know, that screen cap inspires some crazy confidence in Anderson, but Kongo did the same thing kinda. ;)

But really, I want Chael to grind out the win. His smack talk is entertaining and Anderson has annoyed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom