• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen - LIVE on PPV 8/7 - 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with guys fighting against Carwin and JDS who seem completely surprised by the clinch range uppercuts? Both of those guys have like 6 KOs that started with an uppercut, and Roy got nailed by it so often in the first round that he never recovered.

JDS is my favorite fighter after this fight. Haven't really had a favorite fighter in MMA before but JDS wins it for me. Love his game, loved his caution in this fight, loved his patience, and he seems humble.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
painey said:
great fight, glad it wasnt stopped even though i thought it should have been in rd1

based on what??..roy never went down..never stopped intelligently defending himself...come on now seriously.

EYEL1NER

Don't have any way to watch right now, but following along with y'alls posts, I'm glad JDS is coming out on top. I know a lot of people like Roy's antics and everything, but I can't stand the guy. And I really like JDS. So I am pleased.

Wait, WTF!!!?
I didn't hear about Couture Vs Toney!
I fucking love James Toney
I think he's screwed but 'Lights Out' is the man!

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my Comcast box is f'd and I can't get it in HD. :( I was just on the phone with the dude for 25 min, missed all of the Roy Nelson/Dos Santos fight... the only saving grace is that they gave me $10 off for the lack of an HD signal.

dem

BamYouHaveAids said:
I've been saying JDS deserves a shot at the strap since the Gonzaga fight, too bad Cain is getting one because he is more marketable.

He has a title shot now.. just has to wait for Brock/Cain...

Zeliard

Ikuu said:
Going to be hilarious if Toney knocks Couture out :lol

It could easily happen since Couture's method of going for the clinch is to flail his arms wildly while moving closer to the opponent and grabbing them.

dem

If Hughes pulls out this fight he should just retire

he cleaned out a camp :lol
Thats as good as its gonna get from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom