• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen - LIVE on PPV 8/7 - 7pm PT/10pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

X26

Banned
scorcho said:
you know, going into this i didn't think that having a large stomach/body fat could be a liability in MMA...

he's just so slow, even with a slow upper coming at him it tkes him forever to get his hands up

Chris R

Ninja Scooter said:
Nelson is a nice story and a fun guy to root for but Im not so sure he can survive against the elite UFC heavys.
From what I've seen he has a great chin, he would just be better if he lost one or two of them and conditioned himself :lol

rhfb said:
From what I've seen he has a great chin, he would just be better if he lost one or two of them and conditioned himself :lol

i wonder how easy/hard/feasible it would be for him to drop down to 205. I mean, say what you will but the guy is still an athlete, probably trains hard as fuck and still has a belly, maybe he's just a naturally, genetically portly guy no matter what.

Ducarmel

Kusagari said:
I have no idea why he isn't mixing it up and instead is just throwing punches.
Yeah and Country elbows are so high up I bet any decent fighter can sneak in a nice kick to the mid section.

Chris R

Ninja Scooter said:
i wonder how easy/hard/feasible it would be for him to drop down to 205. I mean, say what you will but the guy is still an athlete, probably trains hard as fuck and still has a belly, maybe he's just a naturally, genetically portly guy no matter what.
205 is a dream really, but IDK it might be possible. I'll say this though, I thought he was more like 280-290 than 263,

Zeliard

I think Roy's been gassed since fairly early in the first round, since he wasted a lot of energy trying to take Dos Santos down with that first attempt.

I love fighters who can take a shot to the face but damn.

edit: those gut shots lol It looks like he's punching a bag of dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom