• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 146 |OT| Frunk Mur Gets Legit Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically JDS won because he ran away instead of trying to finish Mir, and Mir couldn't figure out where he had gone to...so he rolled the wrong way and Herb decided he must be out of it and stopped it, even though as soon as he got hit he started defending himself again. Bizarre.

Ducarmel

Basically JDS won because he ran away instead of trying to finish Mir, and Mir couldn't figure out where he had gone to...so Herb decided he must be out of it and stopped it even though as soon as he got hit he started defending himself again. Bizarre.

Mir was looking to grab him and missed so it looked like he fell over dazed/confused maybe?

That is what I thought too. Maybe I'm wrong he still stayed on the ground for a bit after the stoppage.

I think this is the last time Mir will ever face a top, top fighter in the UFC again. I don't think he would last longer than 3 minutes against Cain or Overeem. He is kinda like the Rich Franklin of the HW division now to me.

There's still interesting fights out there for him though like Bigfoot, Werdum and Barnett would be a good opponent to go out on.

I think this is the last time Mir will ever face a top, top fighter in the UFC again. I don't think he would last longer than 3 minutes against Cain or Overeem. He is kinda like the Rich Franklin of the HW division now to me.

There's still good fights out there for him before he retires though..

Mir vs Bigfoot
Mir vs Werdum
Mir vs Barnett

Clearly, he's in decline. That's why the UFC hand-picked him for JDS while they are running the mid-80s style Hulk Hogan P.R. treatment on him. It was a safe bet he'd K.O. Mir, since Mir has never been a takedown guy, and JDS has good TDD.

Hopefully Mir can coach in Vegas, because he's still a great jits player.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Clearly, he's in decline. That's why the UFC hand-picked him for JDS while they are running the mid-80s style Hulk Hogan P.R. treatment on him. It was a safe bet he'd K.O. Mir, since Mir has never been a takedown guy, and JDS has good TDD.

I agree that Mir was an easy opponent but who else could they have possibly put up there anyway? HW division just kind of bores me without someone like Roid in it but at least tonight had some fun finishes (I don't include the awkward JDS fight in that group though).

TheNatural

My Member!

LOL. JDS is such a random fighter to hate, why you so salty? Brazil beat your fav volleyball team or something?

There's still interesting fights out there for him though like Bigfoot, Werdum and Barnett would be a good opponent to go out on.

He's a premiere gate keeper. Instead of testing someone's worthiness to be in the UFC HW division, he'll be there to test if a person is ready for a title shot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
the point of a fight is to finish brah. not to win an athletic competition via point fighting.

We really going to pretend that Mir, Silva, Herman, Del Rosario and Johnson weren't pathetically outmatched tonight? I like watching guys get flattened but I'll take a 5 round war over tonight's stuff any day.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nope. I love Brazilian fighters. I was the first Aldo fanboy on this board. Can't someone hate JDS? He's not Jesus.

Act or not he's always seemed like a really good guy. I remember them talking about him being Nogueira's gardner or something ... is that true or is that just BS like Bones and the mugger?

For some reason I can't get into him though. To me he's always felt like more of a sign of how mediocre the whole division is than someone whose own fighting genuinely excites me. I'm not a huge fan of HWs in general though.

We really going to pretend that Mir, Silva, Herman, Del Rosario and Johnson weren't pathetically outmatched tonight? I like watching guys get flattened but I'll take a 5 round war over tonight's stuff any day.
If you include the undercard though I'd say it was really solid.

dream

It seems pretty clear that the real (and healthy) Cain Velasquez will mug JDS. I think the aggressive Brock Lesnar that fought John Cena would beat JDS pretty handily too.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Mark just needs a couple more fights like this
last.gif

and he's ready to take out JDS..

just don't put him in there against any BJJ guys first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom