• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 152 |OT| Jones vs Belfort: Who Does God Love More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Sonnen gets ripped apart and Henderson has a shot with his iron skull and big right hand (likely a Uni Dec for Bones or a Sub in a later round). I'm a little worried about Cormier cutting down to LHW though. The guy is pretty husky.

Hendo has no chance. Iron skulls mean nothing when the skin covering it gets gashed like a wet paper bag. He'd just bleed out to a stoppage, if he doesn't get subbed quickly. PEACE.

charsace

The problem is that the guys that would have a good chance of beating Jones at LHW play basketball and football. There are guys in the NBA that are taller, longer, quicker than Jones. And by the time kids that could play basketball start to filter over to MMA a little bit Jones's career will be long over.

Hendo has no chance. Iron skulls mean nothing when the skin covering it gets gashed like a wet paper bag. He'd just bleed out to a stoppage, if he doesn't get subbed quickly. PEACE.

If henderson tries to force striking in the pocket like he always does he will get put within the first 2 rounds. Rashard and Vitor lasted as long as they did because they didn't try to stand in the pocket with Jones and get clinched up and destroyed.

Zeliard

Call me crazy but, if they fought, I would bet on Werdum beating Jones.

Werdum would pose a danger for Jones. That's exactly the type of fighter whose guard Jones isn't gonna want to be sitting in, and Werdum's stand-up has improved by leaps.

Heavyweight in general could pose plenty of problems for him as his opponents are suddenly much larger and his reach advantage is minimized if not removed (though along with having a long reach, Jones knows how to use it quite well, unlike some people: Stefan Struve).

It's gonna be interesting when he does eventually go up.

I hope the Hendo fight is next up. Let Bones shine that Cro-Magnon head up with some bows.

Hendo always has a chance as long as he has that right hand. Problem is it is such a tiny chance, especially with the way Jones and Jackson prepare for fights.

charsace

Hendo always has a chance as long as he has that right hand. Problem is it is such a tiny chance, especially with the way Jones and Jackson prepare for fights.
Which is the smart way. Henderson has no chance because he's not good at move east and west at all. The striker that beats Jones will be the guy that's great at moving laterally and striking. North/South movement will get you fucked up against Jones.

Pimpwerx

Damn. Benavidez is looking all lumped-up on Fuel. I didn't realize Demmy did that much damage to him. Didn't really look like it in the fight. PEACE.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
people, fighters, are giving too much respect to jones. vitor should have went after a ko.

Jones just show vulnerability to the sub. Almost get subbed by Vitor? lol come on son. Silva would work him hard.

Escaping and surviving a sub="vulnerability to a sub"? Reminds me of people that question Jones' chin because he's been hit a few times and HASN'T (thats right HASN'T) been KO'd.

So will any MMA journalist call Dana out on his reactions to TUF fights while at the same time he bashes his PAYING FANS for booing a fight? Oh that's right they are going to be too busy asking Joseph Benavides what his favorite food is and requesting that Vinny Malganahanes do the robot.

Escaping and surviving a sub="vulnerability to a sub"? Reminds me of people that question Jones' chin because he's been hit a few times and HASN'T (thats right HASN'T) been KO'd.

Sub artist would give him fits, more so than any other fighter. Luckily for him LHW has none of worth

How the fuck is this clown still in charge of such a huge company like the UFC? It would be like if Nintendo picked out the most irrational and unreasonable member of the NDF from the Gaming side and named him CEO.

edit: The fighters are probably wondering what the fuck is going on while they have to sit there and listen to Dana jerk himself off.

An MMA journalist in attendance, who presumably watched the fight live, just said "Vitor went the distance" while setting up Dana with a cheeseball. MMA JOURNALISM, PEOPLE.

Heel

Reporter: The PPV numbers they once bragged about are stagnating.
Dana: Incorrect, we never bragged about them.

ioVmjwmEAM0P9.gif

I almost lost my shit when Vitor had that arm bar. No clue why the fuck he kept pulling guard when he was doing better in the stand up. Anderson would clown this fool.

Lol at Dana starting to complain, "Another fighter injured." He needs to take a vacation.

a permanent vacation. Fertitia's need to bring in an outsider with some vision beyond the "Tapout/ugly t-shirt" crowd to take this company and the sport to a higher, more respectable level. Dana is a bootleg Vince mcmahon.

Pimpwerx

a permanent vacation. Fertitia's need to bring in an outsider with some vision beyond the "Tapout/ugly t-shirt" crowd to take this company and the sport to a higher, more respectable level. Dana is a bootleg Vince mcmahon.

Isn't UFC bigger than both WWE and boxing now? I don't know if getting rid of Dana will do anything. The company rose to prominence with him doing the same shtick. What they need to do is reduce the amount of ppvs so cards aren't so watered-down. However, his bosses probably have more of a say in that than he does. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom