• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 159 |OT| The Great White Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

I honestly don't know. I feels so WWE it's stupid. All Sonnen has ever done is run his mouth and fail a drug test. He didn't deserve his rematch but People just want to see this idiot so he gets it. Then after losing twice (and not well the 2nd time) he gets this fight just because Dana wants to see him talk shit for 4 months and promote the fight.

Lol cmon. Didn't deserve the rematch? Dude dominated the GOAT for 23 or so minutes (something no one else has ever done or even come close to) until his laughable sub defense came into play. Not to mention he was the top of the heap at MW having beat everyone in the top 10 except Maia. Talk shit for 4 months and promote the fight? Hendo got injured and Machida turned down the fight, and he manned up and took it along with the coaching TUF. Bones would have wrecked any version of Hendo anyway. You wanna bitch about easy fights for champions, go watch Pride.

Spy

Who else could have possibly taken it? Machida is probably the only one and he turned it down. Maybe Gus but he's probably next anyway.
Dan Henderson, Alexander Gustafsson, Glover Teixeira, Gegard Mousasi

Henderson was willing to coach The Ultimate Fighter but Dana gave it to Chael instead for better ratings.

VoxPop

LP,

I blame you for not expanding the bet to include all MMA-related threads.

dawson_crying.gif

Lol cmon. Didn't deserve the rematch? Dude dominated the GOAT for 23 or so minutes (something no one else has ever done or even come close to) until his laughable sub defense came into play. Not to mention he was the top of the heap at MW having beat everyone in the top 10 except Maia. Talk shit for 4 months and promote the fight? Hendo got injured and Machida turned down the fight, and he manned up and took it along with the coaching TUF. You wanna bitch about easy fights for champions, go watch Pride.

What? I'm not bitching that Sonnen is too easy a fight, I'm saying I fucking hate him.
And yes didn't deserve it. Aside from the fact that Silva was not 100%, he lost and failed the drug test, it was pathetic.
More than that, I really fucking hate him. All the 'paper tiger' bs and the promo pics he made calling himself the true champ and having the belt on his shoulder, fuck him. This shouldn't be pro wrestling. I guy running his mouth and losing should not bounce to a brand new title chance.

VoxPop

What? I'm not bitching that Sonnen is too easy a fight, I'm saying I fucking hate him.
And yes didn't deserve it. Aside from the fact that Silva was not 100%, he lost and failed the drug test, it was pathetic.
More than that, I really fucking hate him. All the 'paper tiger' bs and the promo pics he made calling himself the true champ and having the belt on his shoulder, fuck him. This shouldn't be pro wrestling. I guy running his mouth and losing should not bounce to a brand new title chance.

Yeah I agree Sonnen doesn't deserve the shot at Jones but he earned his rematch with Silva. Not to mention he beat Stann and Bisping along the way as well. Unlike someone who didn't even come close to winning crying and getting an immediate shot

1_medium.gif

Spy

Jones would pull the same exact crap Machida pulled against Hendo, but for 5 rounds and might actually cause some damage.
Dan Henderson was the rightful contender at the time. I like Chael but I don't want to see him fight Jones because there's four other guys who are way more deserving. Jones is moving to Heavyweight soon so he needs as many real fights at LHW as possible.

VoxPop

Dan Henderson was the rightful contender at the time. I like Chael but I don't want to see him fight Jones because there's four other guys who are way more deserving. Jones is moving to Heavyweight soon so he needs as many real fights at LHW as possible.

Hendo got injured and pulled from the fight dude with Chael replacing him. Not to mention Chael signed onto do TUF so they couldn't exactly just replace him.

i'm pretty sure the avatar that was issued to VoxPop, as per our bet, was to be used for 6 months, ending in mid July.

i trust you'll revert back to it without the need of outside interference.

as for the card, there's NCR this weekend. still 50/50 on whether to watch or not. undercard does have some potential good scraps.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What a joke of a main event. I predict Jones will just toy with Shael like a cat does with a mouse.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shale has some balls taking a fight in Jersey while being on TRT after what happened with Marquardt. NJ don't play.

He is going to meet with Vincent Kennedy McMahon. He knows how to get the good stuff. John Cena v Shael Sonnen ME @ WM.

Spy

Hendo got injured and pulled from the fight dude with Chael replacing him. Not to mention Chael signed onto do TUF so they couldn't exactly just replace him.

Hendo pulled from the UFC 151 event, not UFC 159. Dan Henderson was healthy before the taping of The Ultimate Fighter started.

zewone

This card is a joke, but I'll watch it for the simple fact I watch all UFCs.

Jones is going to destroy Chael.

As much as I don't care for Jones as person, as a fighter he is close to unstoppable.

caesar

Banned
Hilarious how Jones said Dana lied at the presser and then Dana denies it in the Helwani interview.

Obviously Dana is bullshitting.

tass0

Banned
Joke fight. Still somewhat looking forward to seeing it.

Jones >>> Sonnen
Davis > Magalhaes
Miller > Healy
Bisping > Belcher

Madness

Seen Jones fight a few times, but not Sonnen. Does Sonnen stand a chance? Jones is incredible.

The problem is Jones is just as capable, if not more so, in the areas that Chael is dominant. Usually Chael is the larger man, the man who will take you down, use his superior grappling and wrestling skills to soften you up.

With Jones, you have a guy that probably outweighs you standing, a guy who has a massive reach advantage, a guy is just as capable on the ground and knows wrestling etc.

Chael has the punchers chance, that's about it. A lucky strike that shakes Jones.

Otherwise, I predict a 2nd round TKO stoppage by Jones.

nick nacc

Banned
Actually started kind of liking Chael during the Ultimate Fighter, he was a great coach

I agree. After his talk with Uriah about confidence and getting a sports psychiatrist I was like dang he's a really good coach actually. He also picked much better fighters than Jon. I feel like Jon jones has changed a little bit. I remember back in the day he was telling stories in press conferences about stopping a car theft and stuff. He doesn't seem as fun anymore.

Is this really any more of a joke fight than Rampage and Vitor fighting Jones? People up
in arms like this is such a travesty.

Mew2

Neo Member
Really don't wanna get up early to see this...but I love seeing Jones fight

Here's to a niiice TKO finish

MjFrancis

I'm actually looking forward to most of the fights on this card, even the ME. It's going to be violent and fast.
If Sonnen gets finished inside of a minute I'll know who to blame.

Thanks to Sonnen I believe it will end in Round 2. He will push the pace until Jones is finally forced to finish him because he's being aggressive enough to pose a threat.

Actually, he might have a chance in hell of winning. More challengers seem to be under the impression that they can coast to a decision victory - same problem we have with the barrage of lukewarm champions. Sonnen has little to lose - he's getting his big payday no matter what. He's going to be aggressive, go for broke and leave everything in the octagon. Worst case scenario is he loses according to expectation. I could see how this fight could end up being entertaining.

iqubal

Banned
Unrelated but where can I get that nike hoody that bones is wearing when facing off with Chael LOL?

Looks awesome. I tried searching the net but no dice. hahah.

If Sonnen gets finished inside of a minute I'll know who to blame.

Thanks to Sonnen I believe it will end in Round 2. He will push the pace until Jones is finally forced to finish him because he's being aggressive enough to pose a threat.
Oh, I meant fast paced, rather than fast. JJ is a Jackson fighter, he'll take it to at least rd 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom