• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 192 OT: Cormier vs Gustafsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

UFC's had WMMA for all of about a couple years and are already claiming to have the most dominant female in sports history.

Feed Based to Jones to jump start his title contention. After beating this juggernaut, he'll deserve Cormierstuffson next.

Jon Bones Jones doesn't need to "earn" a shot to take back what is rightfully his. He will be the immediate number 1 contender the moment he is ready to step back in the Octagon, no matter which scrub is babysitting his belt for him. If Daniel Cormier can be gifted a title shot one fight after being beaten and broken to tears, then Jon Jones doesn't need a tune up fight to go handle his business.

Jon Bones Jones doesn't need to "earn" a shot to take back what is rightfully his. He will be the immediate number 1 contender the moment he is ready to step back in the Octagon, no matter which scrub is babysitting his belt for him. If Daniel Cormier can be gifted a title shot one fight after being beaten and broken to tears, then Jon Jones doesn't need a tune up fight to go handle his business.

This is so true. Cormier is an asterisk in history.

Rur0ni

Agree. Jones by Destruction.

Agreed, but I didn't expect Dana to give him a title fight right off the bat. I figured they try to milk a warmup fight for him, especially of Gus wins tonight. But yeah, Bones is still champ in my mind. He didn't lose the belt on merit.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I hope Gustaffson wins because I would rather see a Jones vs Gustaffson rematch, rather than Cormier get completely nullified again.

Lazyslob

Banned
If DC dominates Gus, how do you see a Jon Jones rematch going? Same old beatdown?

i think jones would finish DC second time around. people say DC gets better but he doesnt based on how he fights. he literally fights the same every fight while jones DOES get better.

Yaari

Lol. He couldn't do that to Jones for nearly the entire fight, and here within the first minute. So there's that.

Lazyslob

Banned
mike goldberg does nothing but parrot what everyone else says. i wish ufc would boot him. every 5 seconds "embrace the grind" "its the slap not the thud" "teep!" he may be the dumbest human being that exists

-MD-

mike goldberg does nothing but parrot what everyone else says. i wish ufc would boot him. every 5 seconds "embrace the grind" "its the slap not the thud" "teep!" he may be the dumbest human being that exists

He's the color guy, that's what they do.

How many 8balls did Bones do before his fight against Gus? Because he's got excellent grappling skills too, but had difficulty taking Gus down. He probably wasn't at his best that fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom