• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
There's NO calling it a fluke, either. That was total dominance.

Oh, and the not touching gloves moment will follow her for the rest of her career.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I called it folks. #HollyTrain and Sensei Jackson came through. Ronda didn't just get beat she got OUTCLASSED.

The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Dammit Herb Dean with that early stoppage again. Ronda was still breathing ffs.

No, she was NOT.

She was seeing double since before the second round started.

Holm just didn't believe the hype. All around legitimately dominated her.

Dartastic

I don't watch UFC. This is the first fight I've watched. I'm from New Mexico. I think it's all me, lending my 505 powers to Holly. Yep. All me.

Everything Holm did in that fight was basically perfect, especially her movement. Rousey's strat has always been to basically brute-force her way into the clinch and then overpower her opponents, either with strikes or with a takedown and armbar. Holm did such a beautiful job in this fight neutralizing that completely by always moving.

Yep she got exposed by a bigger, stronger fighter she wasn't able to overwhelm right off the bat.

SlimyOilyGavial.gif

Tryxx

Anyone who knows anything about MMA can see Holly just completely dominated her. She completely exposed Rondas stand up, like COMPLETELY. Ronda looked lost, she got desperate after the first 2 minutes of the fight, she actually looked like an amateur.

Heel

The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.

You make a good point, Scoot. Who did she ever beat?

ShogunX

Was great to see Rousey finished like that, she had been so dominant that she thought she could come out and bully Holm and she got taught a fucking lesson.

Not respecting your opponents strengths is the sign of a cocky over confident fighter. Back to the drawing board for Rousey.

May16

Video game marketing footbullet :O

Also, Ronda looked terrible at the weigh-ins and sounded like she was gonna cry. I wondered if it might signal bad things, but still just could not imagine someone beating Ronda.

Great fight.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Female Leonard Garcia out there.

Tubie

I just can't believe Ronda just charged at a boxer over and over, even after getting clocked multiple times.

This was just too fucking easy for Holm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom