• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmented

Banned
In the rematch, Ronda will win though.

That was a 1/10 in thing.

She was close to being a 1st round armbar statistic.

What. Ronda was dominated all the way through before the KO. You're crazy dude.

Don't get me wrong, Ronda can absolutely still win a rematch. But a 1/10 thing? No.

charsace

The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.
Holly is a world class Boxer. Her crossing over into MMA is like if Canello crossed over and learned how to grapple.

vypek

Here is my cat with tape on his back earlier today doing his impression of Rousey leaving the octagon tonight...

TintedLeadingKoi.gif

LOL!

So odd. Why shadowbox like that?

Was it really a upset? That just makes it look like it was a fluke.

Holms had a good plan and executed it pretty match. She dominated off from the start.

Rootbeer

Banned
Glad that Rousey paid for her garbage stand up. Now I hope she does what she has to do and comes back stronger, because even though she was acting like a jackass going into this fight, I still like her overall.

Yeah I agree, she's a great entertainer and personality. Hope she comes back stronger.

Holly deserves this moment though

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Karma is a bitch, gotdamn.

I watch every time to see if she'll lose, and boy was she completely outclassed in this fight.

Should have touched gloves with your smug ass.

Amazing stuff Holly, countered the hell out Rousey and knocked her the fuck out. Amazing.

She seems like such a nice person with a good attitude too. Well-earned and deserved.

Props to the DJ for "Mama Said Knock You Out" playing the whole time afterwards too.

So much for Ronda hanging with a boxer.

prag16

Banned
There's NO calling it a fluke, either. That was total dominance.

Oh, and the not touching gloves moment will follow her for the rest of her career.
Yeah, that snub looks even more embarrassing now that she lost.

From the first minute it was clear Ronda could be in trouble. Opened her up with one of her first punches too. She couldn't adjust and paid the price.

Impressive, Holly. Also shows what a joke the rest of the jobbers they've been putting in front of Rousey are by comparison.

zewone

What. Ronda was dominated all the way through before the KO. You're crazy dude.

Don't get me wrong, Ronda can absolutely still win a rematch. But a 1/10 thing? No.

Ronda was her own worst enemy in this match. She got emotional and made stupid decisions.

Bought into her own hype.

If Ronda was patient and took her time to get a clinch she would be able to secure submission attempts.

Platy

Something happened to Ronda's psychological after the nose strike .... Missing those judo opportunities was WEIRD for her.

Or she underestimate her opponent and wanted to make a bigger win...

Always wanted to see Rousey tested. It happened today. She can't think that other girls are not going to train to defend the armbar and judo takedowns, which Holm showed tonight. And Greg Jackson is the best ever, bar none.

I hope this stop the "Rousey will beat a man" or "Rousey will beat Mayweather" talk. And hopefully it doesn't move over to "Holm will beat a man or Mayweather".

The last time ive been this legit shocked in MMA was Weidman/Silva 1. Damn.

I was also shocked by how big an ass whooping the then still young and inexperienced Jon Jones put on the "legend" Shogun Rua.

Holly is a world class Boxer. Her crossing over into MMA is like if Canello crossed over and learned how to grapple.

That's my point. Nobody Ronda fought to this point was world class at anything. As soon as she faced someone that was, she got destroyed. She was a product of a garbage resume.

Big Blue

Wait, when did everyone turn on Rousey? Also, why?

I honestly didn't care about WMMA in it's inception. It wasn't TUF until I became interested, it's also where I saw the personality of Ronda Rousey. Quite plainly, she was a bitch. And that's where it started for me. This was before she became an international superstar.

Turin

Banned
I didn't think there'd ever be a more satisfying UFC gif than Hendo dropping an H-Bomb on Bisping, but this is up there:
untitled-19mnryf.gif

For me this is a close second to Cain destroying Lesnar, actually.

Still. Fucking euphoric.

I'm more happy for Holm than I am that Rhonda lost tbh.

ShogunX

That's what coach said, "keep the damn hands up because that's all she wants to do, bash her left fist in your face". She's a grappler, not a striker, she wanted to close early because she knew she was out-striked both at long and short range. What Holm did perfectly was escape any possible hold zone.

Thing is we have seen the superior striker v grappler match countless times over the years and a lot of the time you see the grappler picking their moments to maximise the chance of a takedown.

I mean Rousey's game plan consisted of CHARGE!

Dmented

Banned
Ronda was her own worst enemy in this match. She got emotional and made stupid decisions.

Bought into her own hype.

If Ronda was patient and took her time to get a clinch she would be able to secure submission attempts.

I can agree with this. But clearly her standup needs major work and ol Edward has been blowing smoke up people's asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom