• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.

Yup. Ronda's stand up game is horrible and it goes to show you how crappy the women's division is until Holly came and exposed it.

FbMggUX.jpg

CHA-CHING!!!!

vypek

Not at all, all that shit pre fight is to try and get in the zone. She will respect the fact she got beat by a better fighter.

Ah fair enough. I'm just sort of surprised since she didn't want to touch gloves and I think in her fight with Miesha it was something like that too where she didn't want to even have anything to do with her besides beating her up. But I suppose it is cause she respects the fighter.

CHA-CHING!!!!

Lol, yeah some people made a lot of money

dream

Well, I gotta admit, I'm shocked. I was completely wrong from my prediction. But I'm happy to have seen such a good performance.

Holly did everything PERFECT.

Ronda did everything WRONG.

And Edmund...you are sooooo fired.

Yup. Quite possibly the dumbest gameplan I've ever seen a fighter employ since Miesha kept shooting on Ronda.

Tubie

Holly's got that Mayweather blood. She's quick as shit on her feet goddamn. Sorry Ronda, but I'm glad you lost.

It's not even that.

Holly is a boxer and knew Ronda would just charge all fight, Ronda should've changed her game plan 60 seconds into the fight.

Zeliard

I just can't believe Ronda just charged at a boxer over and over, even after getting clocked multiple times.

This was just too fucking easy for Holm.

That's all Rousey has ever done in any of her fights. She just ran up against a very poor opponent to do that against, one with boxing ability and one who also (clearly) won't get flustered by how aggressive Rousey is.

Paracelsus

I just can't believe Ronda just charged at a boxer over and over, even after getting clocked multiple times.

This was just too fucking easy for Holm.

That's what coach said, "keep the damn hands up because that's all she wants to do, bash her left fist in your face". She's a grappler, not a striker, she wanted to close early because she knew she was out-striked both at long and short range. What Holm did perfectly was escape any possible hold zone.

SickBoy

Wow, I've gotta say I'm surprised. Came in here to see if there was a gif (following on Twitter)

...also a little bit to dance on the grave of the Rousey legend. As a professional fighter, I find her style of intimidation off-putting. It's a kind of swagger and attitude put on that seems ripped from the meathead tough-guy playbook (and I find it just as annoying from male fighters). Though I guess it makes it more gratifying when those fighters get knocked down a peg.

In the rematch, Ronda will win though.

That was a 1/10 in thing.

She was close to being a 1st round armbar statistic.

You smoking crack brah. Ronda was completely outclassed. She's not in Holly's league. It's Brock all over again. Once he can't bum rush people anymore and gets tagged in the face it's a different fight. Ronda should take Brock's lead and head to Sports Entertainment.

Zetta

Damn Rhonda looked real bad in this fight. Holly had the perfect gameplan and executed it perfectly, this fight was worth the wait.

Dana loves this, it lets him give Miesha a shot at the title that she wanted so badly now instead of letting her walk away. He can either let Ronda relax or give her a squash match. All of Dana's energy will be trying to keep Jon Jones from killing someone before he gets the title back.

Manbig

Glad that Rousey paid for her garbage stand up. Now I hope she does what she has to do and comes back stronger, because even though she was acting like a jackass going into this fight, I still like her overall.

Dana loves this, it lets him give Miesha a shot at the title that she wanted so badly now instead of letting her walk away. He can either let Ronda relax or give her a squash match. All of Dana's energy will be trying to keep Jon Jones from killing someone before he gets the title back.

*dead like Ronda*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom