• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Always wanted to see Rousey tested. It happened today. She can't think that other girls are not going to train to defend the armbar and judo takedowns, which Holm showed tonight. And Greg Jackson is the best ever, bar none.

I hope this stop the "Rousey will beat a man" or "Rousey will beat Mayweather" talk. And hopefully it doesn't move over to "Holm will beat a man or Mayweather".

A lot of that had to do with Rousey being undefeated and winning her fights so thoroughly. Holm was already brutally knocked out in boxing so I don't think we're going to get much of that.

HauntingLeftElver.gif

Ronda was bodied. Justified.

CHA-CHING!!!!

IT'S FUCKING CAIN/WERDUM ALL OVER AGAIN. I absolutely would've bet $100 on that fight and this fight.

This afternoon has sucked major dick. Didn't start to play Fallout 4 to watch this card and I couldn't watch the card because I had to get the computer ready for Fallout 4 and my stream cuts out seconds before Honda gets rekt.

Reminder: this is a thing one of the announcers said during the first round after Rousey got her bell rung at least three times.

"Very much confidence with Ronda's ability to box."

It's like the blows to her head rattled HIS brain.

maomaoIYP

Rousey finally lost a match? I always thought she had too much of a big mouth for someone who obviously outclassed the competition.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I popped off so hard at the bar I was at when I saw Ronda fall. So fucking psyched right now.

Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. :lol

Ronda knew she was in trouble when she caught that first punch. Getting hit by a boxer is completely different than getting hit by anyone else.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I just want to say this.

These were the odds.

"According to Bovada, Rousey is -2000 to win as of Saturday morning, meaning you would win a measly five dollars if you bet $100 on Rousey to win. Even if you’re 100% sure Rousey will emerge victorious, it’s barely worth putting that amount of money on the line for such a small return."

iLLmAtlc

I'm no fan of Ronda but I don't agree with criticizing how she behaves pre-fight. Who am I to criticize her for how she prepares mentally for a fight? You're putting your life on the line and you need to do what it takes to survive. So for her if it means she has to be a prick, then so be it.

Well, her personal views aside, it doesn't make her a fraud in UFC.

She lost pretty bad, but I think she still has a lot of fight in her. 12-1.

She got destroyed. As the competition level gets better in women's MMA she's going to get lapped. I saw nothing that indicates she would fare any better against Holm in a rematch. This was Cain/Lesnar or Jones/Shogun level destruction. She's not long for this sport. I bet she walks away within the year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom