• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug

Banned
CT1M7JEUwAE1vFm.jpg:large

Baby Milo

Holly's footwork and angles were on another level. made ronda look like an amateur out there. had ronda out there flailing for a clinch looking like an idiot.

and people think she can fuck with floyd lol

NYR

In the rematch, Ronda will win though.

That was a 1/10 in thing.

She was close to being a 1st round armbar statistic.
WRONG.

Ronda is a KO hitter, and when she wasn't getting her way, she got lazy and wasn't defensive and even protecting her face, she doesn't know how to fight from behind.

Paracelsus

Thing is we have seen the superior striker v grappler match countless times over the years and a lot of the time you see the grappler picking their moments to maximise the chance of a takedown.

I mean Rousey's game plan consisted of CHARGE!

She started charging when she felt what a real left hand of a world class boxer is like. If you felt it in your cranium I'm sure you would rush to finish it with your best move as close as possible too. Ronda looked gassed at the end of round one, like she couldn't believe it.

TTG

I was watching on mute(dat Warriors game), so she looked to me like one of those women kick boxers that land a lot and amount to nothing in damage. Then round two starts and Ronda's mouth is open and panting and it doesn't look like this Holly girl is playing pattycake with her face anymore.

My question is, how dire did it look before that kick landed? Because paying half attention, I didn't really pick up on it until she was stumbling.

NomarTyme

Dana is show feeling good not letting Ronda fight Tate fight instead of Holm. Fuck Dana and the Fritos bros for taking on the Reebok deal.

She got destroyed. As the competition level gets better in women's MMA she's going to get lapped. I saw nothing that indicates she would fare any better against Holm in a rematch. This was Cain/Lesnar or Jones/Shogun level destruction. She's not long for this sport. I bet she walks away within the year anyway.

But where does she go now? The speculation I had in the other thread was that she'd walk out of the UFC undefeated and boxing promoters would flood her with money and Hollywood would be knocking. Why would either of them be interested in her now?

RdN

I'm happy that Ronda lost.

I can't stand her attitude.

I imagine UFC will want to schedule a rematch as soon as possible, though.

prag16

Banned
She's a 9/11 and Sandy Hook truther. People quite rightfully find that shit to be despicable.
Why does this shit have to make it into every thread.

I've been rooting against Rousey for totally unrelated reasons personally. The rematch should be good. You know Rousey will be serious, and come back hard with a lot less of the arrogance and overconfidence that likely hurt her this time.

But where does she go now? The speculation I had in the other thread was that she'd walk out of the UFC undefeated and boxing promoters would flood her with money and Hollywood would be knocking. Why would either of them be interested in her now?

She'll probably try her hand at Hollywood and end up on some B-level SyFy series or something. She's a terrible actress.

Baby Milo

this might have saved her brain

she would have caught an asswhopping in the ring

NYR

WWE. Seriously. She'll make millions in WWE, she only pulls in a hundred thousand or so a fight now, she makes most of her money via sponsorship.

Don't you want this kind of outcome? in a real sport shouldn't a contender getting a win be a boon for the sport? think the Giants beating the undefeated Patriots.

If the sport wasn't already fledgling for legitimate champions, yes. But they spent SOOOOOOOOO long and SOOOOOOOOOO much money hyping up a woman that finally got tested with a legitimate opponent and got destroyed. This is the problem boxing had. Yes you need upsets and for contenders to be legitimate. But you need strong, interesting champs and warrant the hype. Right now there is a lack of that in public perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom