• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelFoley

NOn5whZ.jpg

Dammit, man! LOL

Apt101

After seeing her talk shit on Fallon and not have the sportsmanship to return a fist bump (shake, whatever they do prior to a fight), I'm not sad to see Rousey lose.

darksagus

Holly was humble and classy and professional while Ronda was arrogant and cocky and rude. It was like watching karma in real time. Congrats to Holly and good luck to her in the future, she got another fan.

Turin

Banned
I see some of you guys waking up to the news. lol

Holly Holm's a promising talent, gentlemen.

Let's give her the time of day.

Yaari

We got this shit over with now, and I honestly always wondered how anyone could even like Ronda after her Hallman encounter on TUF. She's often shown to be a very unlikeable character.

That staredown gif is hilarious. What was she even doing? And the internet rage post afterwards made it even more hypocrite. Always touch gloves because one day you might regret it and look horrible for it.

mekes

I see some of you guys waking up to the news. lol

Holly Holm's a promising talent, gentlemen.

Let's give her the time of day.

Agreed. She escaped the clinch, she took Ronda down and she took her completely apart on the feet. The only thing she didn't do was choose to stay on the ground with Ronda, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Seems like a nice character too, I was certainly happy for her. The fight was echos of Barao v Dillashaw for me, I really enjoyed it.

Agreed. She escaped the clinch, she took Ronda down and she took her completely apart on the feet. The only thing she didn't do was choose to stay on the ground with Ronda, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Seems like a nice character too, I was certainly happy for her. The fight was echos of Barao v Dillashaw for me, I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad that her boxing skills helped win the fight.

The real question, does she smash up Cyborg too?

blackflag

Damn just catching up on the thread. Lol at some of you people .....stylesclash... Lol there's always someone better and even when not, there's always a bad night.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just heard about this on fb cause I went to sleep early last night.

1. Hope women's MMA survives this.
2. This is the exact outcome you get with non-stop cockiness and disrespect to your opposition.
3. This thread is God-Tier.

RootCause

Just heard about this on fb cause I went to sleep early last night.

1. Hope women's MMA survives this.
2. This is the exact outcome you get with non-stop cockiness and disrespect to your opposition.
3. This thread is God-Tier.
Yep, never liked her because of her attitude.

Well I had that spoiled for me since I went to bed before the fight, looks like I and most of us underestimated Holm (well at least on my end no so much underestimated and more bought in on Rousey doing the logical thing) and over estimated Rousey and Rousey needs to fire her corner and especially Edmond Tarverdyan along with anyone else on her team who thought this "strategy" was a good idea. Even if I didn't find out the result before seeing it, it was clear just how outclassed Ronda was standing up less than a minute into that first round. If I knew how I wish I put money on that and I guess we can officially stop the Mayweather BS now.

Edmond Tarverdyan is carny as fuck, dude comes off as a hanger on with the way he was talking to her in the corner between rounds, Ronda's mom was right.

coleco

holly holm's manager bet on the fight

i thought that stuff was outlawed in sports

I don't think it is if you bet for your fighter or yourself to win. Bernard Hopkins bet most of his purse he would beat Trinidad when they had to fight and he won a ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom