• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1IKC4v.jpg

sonned
1wOVspt.jpg
oh man. some humble pie served, goddamn.

Catdaddy

Just saw the *no glove touch* gif above. Wow, classless. Happy she was served some humble pie.

Yeah, unless she killed her puppy, there is no reason not to touch gloves and have a little class.

Let's just hope that Holly doesn't show up in the bar in Ronda's Roadhouse movie reboot...

Apt101

Holm displayed a great deal of sportsmanship there at the end (and throughout, really).

Hopefully this teaches more fighters to not be so flamboyant, not be assholes. Be like Barry Sanders. He ran right over and around defenses for years, while being heralded as the greatest running back ever, and didn't adopt some kind of arrogant persona. When one talks the most shit it makes their inevitable fall worse, and encourages fans to ridicule them like what is happening to Rousey now (and also Tyson, Prince Nassem Hamed, countless others).

Just be cool. Do your sport, get your money, and get out.

Skeyser

Rousey had Holm on the ground in the 1st.

How long do you think Floyd would have lasted there?

One fight has nothing to do with the other.

I mean, at this point you guys have to be trolling. She just got destroyed by a C class boxer, and somehow she could take on Floyd?

This fight is insane. Some guys must've made amazing bank on betting sites taking into account the odds...It wouldn't be strange to discover that Rousey threw the fight, betting against herself. I mean, she was strangely out of it...didn't seem like she wanted to win at all.

Don't get me wrong, Holm did an amazing job it's just that Rousey was so bad :p

Amazing gifs as always!

I am watching the match again. Why didn't Ronda go for more takedowns when she got smashed in the face so many times the first round?

Little opportunity. Plus taking a kick or punch to grapple zaps your stamina.

Rousey had Holm on the ground in the 1st.

How long do you think Floyd would have lasted there?

One fight has nothing to do with the other.

She took a hit to create that opportunity, that's an instant KO from Mayweather.

jett

D-Member
Holm displayed a great deal of sportsmanship there at the end (and throughout, really).

Hopefully this teaches more fighters to not be so flamboyant, not be assholes. Be like Barry Sanders. He ran right over and around defenses for years, while being heralded as the greatest running back ever, and didn't adopt some kind of arrogant persona. When one talks the most shit it makes their inevitable fall worse, and encourages fans to ridicule them like what is happening to Rousey now (and also Tyson, Prince Nassem Hamed, countless others).

Just be cool. Do your sport, get your money, and get out.

His shenanigans were so entertaining to watch, though. I kinda miss that level of showmanship heh.

His shenanigans were so entertaining to watch, though. I kinda miss that level of showmanship heh.

Yeah, I actually don't mind cockiness and showboating when you can still perform properly.

Unfortunately Prince Naseem is another one that let his own hype get to him.

Fighters can be cocky, but that should never underestimate there opponents,

dem

I mean, at this point you guys have to be trolling. She just got destroyed by a C class boxer, and somehow she could take on Floyd?

It's not really about Ronda vs Floyd.. Its grappler vs striker. If the striker has no experience grappling.. The grappler generally has their way.

It's easier to close the distance and get hands on a person than it is to land ko blows.

nillah

Banned
While going into a battle with a game plan is great, there's a certain degree of improv that takes place in any sort of competition. Improvisation is what I failed to see from Ronda Rousey.

This fight is insane. Some guys must've made amazing bank on betting sites taking into account the odds...It wouldn't be strange to discover that Rousey threw the fight, betting against herself. I mean, she was strangely out of it...didn't seem like she wanted to win at all.

Amazing gifs as always!

Rousey was Rousey. Holm was so good that she made her opponent look like they weren't trying their best.

nillah

Banned
Yeah, I actually don't mind cockiness and showboating when you can still perform properly.

I think its good to be confident and still respect yourself, and your opponent.

Amazing gifs as always!
I believe one GAF member won $900 or $9000. There was also a link to someone who bet $10,000 on Holm for the hell of it and ended up getting $90,000.

Rogan going from " Holm is about go up against the greatest female fighter weve ever seen" to "Holm is exposing some giant holes in Ronda's striking technique" was fucking hilarious.

While going into a battle with a game plan is great, there's a certain degree of improv that takes place in any sort of competition. Improvisation is what I failed to see from Ronda Rousey.

Why change anything when you're doing such "beautiful work"? I wonder how much money Edmond put in Holm.

Rousey was Rousey. Holm was so good that she made her opponent look like they weren't trying their best.

Just goes to show how terrible all her previous opponents were. No doubt she had an inflated ego, only fighting weaker/worst fighters...anyone thinks he's hot shit.

Now is the time to prove herself as a real champion. A real champion gets stronger with a loss and comes back to take it all again. If she gives up or rematches and lose...she'll just prove how fake her legacy is.

jett

D-Member

Yeah after Naseem's loss he kind of had a mental breakdown. I think he only fought one more time and then retired. Having an undefeated record for so long is probably not a good thing.

It's not really about Ronda vs Floyd.. Its grappler vs striker. If the striker has no experience grappling.. The grappler generally has their way.

It's easier to close the distance and get hands on a person than it is to land ko blows.

Did you see the way her head got snapped by a woman punching in the 135 lb class? Floyd would kill her at 145. It's not easy to get close to someone with a lightning quick jab who can read your clumsy movements, as Rhonda found out last night.

Boston

There is nothing people love more than to see a hero fall, die trying.

She's an arrogant spoiled brat and her coach is a pos. So satisfying.

Dana is pissed. Already calling it a fluke and wants an immediate rematch. He says what happened last night ruined some plans he had lol.

RELIGHT

Banned
Did you see the way her head got snapped by a woman punching in the 135 lb class? Floyd would kill her at 145. It's not easy to get close to someone with a lightning quick jab who can read your clumsy movements, as Rhonda found out last night.

People don't seem to understand how powerful and fast Floyd is. Rhonda has some of the worst defense in UFC. She all offense and she isn't even the best at offense. Floyd is a counter puncher. Guess what that means, Rhonda's very style would be her doom. She attempt a slow onslaught and Floyd would 2 piece and end her immediately.

Slayven

Is it wrong I imagine Rousey going to some multimillion dollar state of the art training faculty with the best of everything only to do some lite cardio, while Holms trained in the back of a Church's chicken parking lot with cinderblooks and crackheads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom