• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronda definitely started to believe her own hype and did what she had to so that she could make the super bucks, but she is a very talented fighter and has done a lot for women in MMA. No way you'd get two female matches as main events in a stadium without her.

She was finally matched with someone better than her in some aspects and lost. It happens to all fighters almost.

I would consider myself a Ronda fan and she's annoyed even me lately so I understand the reaction but people acting like she's shit all of a sudden are overreacting.

She'll eat her humble pie and come back again, probably better. And that's going to be a very interesting fight.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ah yes, the modern Rocky IV.

rocky-iv-2.jpg

rocky4strain2.JPG

The movie where the Russian trains like an American, and the American trains like a Russian.

RELIGHT

Banned
Ronda definitely started to believe her own hype and did what she had to so that she could make the super bucks, but she is a very talented fighter and has done a lot for women in MMA. No way you'd get two female matches as main events in a stadium without her.

She was finally matched with someone better than her in some aspects and lost. It happens to all fighters almost.

I would consider myself a Ronda fan and she's annoyed even me lately so I understand the reaction but people acting like she's shit all of a sudden are overreacting.

She'll eat her humble pie and come back again, probably better. And that's going to be a very interesting fight.

These moments usually mark the downfall of prized fighters. This may be the beginning of a great collapse for her.

just saw the fight and damn, holly had that straight left available to her all day. rousey didn't move her head and didn't have her hands high enough to prevent the damage. the head kick was just icing on the cake.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can't find the final lines, but GSP was around -1000 against Serra. Ronda was about -2000 before the weighin, before closing at -800. In terms of mainstream upsets, this easily surpasses that.

Dennis

Banned
Really curious to see what attitude Ronda is going come out with after this. Thoughtful and humble or doubling down on her current persona.

This is easily the most delicious satisfying loss ever. The fraud hype, acting like a victim at the weigh in, not touching gloves, being a truther, etc list goes on.

Really curious to see what attitude Ronda is going come out with after this. Thoughtful and humble or doubling down on her current persona.

It's going to be telling if she keeps the hanger-ons around, after that embarrassment it's very obvious how badly she needs to clean house.

Savitar

Can anyone explain what being a truther is?

Know stuff like 9/11 and the school being attacked where kids died? She believed the last one didn't actually happen and both were done by the government to fullfill some evil agenda like "They want to take der guns!"

Hey Dude

Banned
Can someone fill me in on the edmond being fraud thing? I read on sherdog that even rondas mom hates him? I like mma but i dont follow it as close as boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom