• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
CT1Jod2U8AEjvkd.jpg:large

Like a lion observing her prey.

BFIB

Holly won the title, and it'll be Rousey getting all the attention on losing the strap and what it's going to take to get the title back.

weekev

Banned
Know stuff like 9/11 and the school being attacked where kids died? She believed the last one didn't actually happen and both were done by the government to fullfill some evil agenda like "They want to take der guns!"
Im not sure she denies they happened, I mean the evidence is pretty indisputable. Whilst its crazy thinking that these were a government setup, its not completely crazy when you think about who was in power at the time. I missed the post fight conference, did Ronda sshow?

Majanew

Banned
Holly won the title, and it'll be Rousey getting all the attention on losing the strap and what it's going to take to get the title back.
As it should be. She was champ for a while. Holly won't really be champ til she successfully defends the belt.

She just has to kick her ass again to make it sink in like mah boi Chris Weidman did for Spider.]

I wasn't a believer until the second time.

Hey Dude

Banned
Well to be fair, Holly isnt a star and never will be. Her style of fighting is boring as shit. Rondas striking is just so bad she made holly look like a killer.

If she fights meisha next its going to be more "ish ish" plus a weak body kick then circle.

Im not sure she denies they happened, I mean the evidence is pretty indisputable. Whilst its crazy thinking that these were a government setup, its not completely crazy when you think about who was in power at the time. I missed the post fight conference, did Ronda sshow?

No, it is completely crazy.

TheFatOne

Ronda will be ruined for good if they fight again. She is so outclassed by Holm that it is embarrassing.

This is just silly. I doubt Rondo is going to try and outbox her in a rematch.

As it should be. Holly has to prove this wasn't a one time thing.

Savitar

Was she really even at the fight?

Or was it someone else fighting.

coleco

A second straight defeat against Holm and her career would take a huge hit. Not sure if a rematch is the wisest move right now.

TheFatOne

If she keeps her god awful corner she will.

Then it's on Ronda at that point. Can't buy into your own hype like that. The game plan was beyond stupid. Beating people at their own style only works when you are a super freak like John Jones. Have to be an absolute athletic freak to be able to do that, and Ronda doesn't have that. If she doesn't get a better corner than this is as far as she is going to get, and it's basically over for her.

TheFatOne

I wish her luck trying to take her down with that reach and defense. She cannot and will not beat Holm. She is not even in the same league.
Again incredibly silly to come out and say this after one fight. Holmes is not some unkillable god simply because she looked great in one fight. Until she can prove to me that this wasn't just a one off than I will remain skeptical. Tons of fighters have one great fight only to never live up to expectations. Ronda looked like shit, and had a terrible gameplan. Holmes took advantage of that. Great for her, but one fight means jack shit to me. Have to be great consistently before I start buying into the hype.

-MD-

A second straight defeat against Holm and her career would take a huge hit. Not sure if a rematch is the wisest move right now.

I think it would kill her brand, her image already took a hit last night but back to back losses would be an awful way to make an exit into Hollywood.

Heh, Hollywood.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah, I actually don't mind cockiness and showboating when you can still perform properly.

Unfortunately Prince Naseem is another one that let his own hype get to him.

Fighters can be cocky, but that should never underestimate there opponents,
I don't think Naseem bought his own hype, he was just lazy, and eventually it caught up with him.

Yaari

I refuse to believe this is real.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14133416/holly-holm-kos-ronda-rousey-second-round-ufc-193

There it is.

"I wouldn't say in the striking game she was getting the best of Ronda, you know, but I have to watch it again. But we know this was not a striking match; we know that Ronda is smart enough to take the fight where she is best at and today she did. Holly stopped an attempt on an arm bar and stopped some of the takedowns. She did a good job."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom