• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were multiple moments in the fight where ronda realized just how out classed and borderline ridiculous she looked. She would catch herself and posture up to save face, leaving behind a piece of her soul each time. It was like watching a manifestation of her personality. Super aggressive, trying to fabricate a reaction that best suites her desired environment. The longer her opponent dissmissed her attempts, the more frustrated she became with the emptiness of her dillusions. Culminating to a broken vessel with no other substance to be found other than an empty void by which to repeat the process.

Give this man a medal.

zeemumu

IdolizedTameDogfish.gif

Ronda needs to learn to block or cross-counter.

Frog-fu

Banned
I feel asleep like 30 minutes before the fight went down and missed it. Read up the last 40 pages. So many amazing posts.

& YT comments always slay me one way or another

Gotta love that Rousey got beat by a boxer that fought her like Mayweather; in full control and on her terms.

God damn with that elbow to the face.

I mean I've never seen to many dominate, well-times, accurate, devastating fluke punches.

Ronda bought the hype and it kicked her in the face.

Dennis

Banned
I feel asleep like 30 minutes before the fight went down and missed it. Read up the last 40 pages. So many amazing posts.

& YT comments always slay me one way or another

Gotta love that Rousey got beat by a boxer that fought her like Mayweather; in full control and on her terms.

Karma means he doesn't even have to fap before bed.

Ronda lost in the worst possible way for her career. It wasn't a fluke or a lucky shot or bad judging. She got her ass kicked in the exact manner that she said that she wouldn't. The fight lasted long enough to show her being outclassed and short enough to show how brutal it was. Her movie career just ended before it began, you'll hear about how her projects will be getting shelved until after a rematch and then if she loses again they'll never re-appear just like Gina.

After seeing this I almost think Meisha would have won the trilogy fight as well.

I think Rondas time as champ was coming to a close no matter what. Her skills were stagnating and the rest of the division was catching up.

SHE HAS TO LEAVE EDMUND if she wants a chance in hell of ever seeing gold again

knicks

The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.

This.

I'm not going to lie, I'm so happy Ronda lost too. This thread is terrific. Holm's is getting the support she deserves. She's so good.

I know a lot of people are happy this morning. She got smashed, and maybe exposed, but......

she has a lot of personnel problems going on rite now that totally messed with her training. She barley had a training camp, her mom wasn't there, her coach declared bankruptcy and there is a lot more .

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The fact that Ronda's competetition was pure garbage leading up to this fight was simply confirmed tonight. She has zero stand up skills. She apparently doesn't know what head movement is. Her footwork is garbage. As soon as she met up with someone with above average combat skills the result was a fight that was less competitive than most videos you see on WorldStarHipHop. Ronda is grade A aluminum.

Everyone she has faced prior has been mostly the same background as her. Jitsu Jit Su or Judo or Karate.

Holly on the other hand was foremost a boxer. They focus on entirely different styles and Holly made it look like she was picking on a little kid. Even ignoring the fact Ronda was cocky. Holly's defense was pure boxing. The head bobs, the leg work, the blocking. What made Ronda look like a joke was exact what she has been prying on and something that she never really came across. She is a medium size fish in a small pond, but now that female MMA is on the boom, thanks to her. She basically signed her own death waiver. Better talent is coming.

The irony in all this is that Holm beat her using Floyd tactics

It's not Floyd tactics, its boxing. Holly didn't meet her head on. She played defense and just abused the shit out of every opening she had.

Basically all it proves was Floyd was right the entire time. She is a joke and anyone still thinking she could take him with that attack, is a joke too. On top of her boxing dreams being dashed for sure.

RootCause

I know a lot of people are happy this morning. She got smashed, and maybe exposed, but......

she has a lot of personnel problems going on rite now that totally messed with her training. She barley had a training camp, her mom wasn't there, her coach declared bankruptcy and there is a lot more .

Heh, I dunno, but those seem like non issues for someone that can take out the entire division with just one hand.

Oscar

She's a mess in general, always has been.

Lets not make excuses though, she fought like she always does. Charges straight forward and tries to impose her will. Holly fought the perfect fight, like a bullfighter.

I hope Ronda moves to a real camp like AKA, ATT, Alliance, etc so the rematch is somewhat competitive.

Yeah Ronda was eating the most basic, fundamental boxing punches like they were dolce's blueberries all night. It's like boxing 101 and she could even stop that. She would be picked apart by even the most rudimentary of boxers.

Zok310

Banned
The irony in all this is that Holm beat her using Floyd tactics

WanHarshGoldeneye.gif

That's the best part, she got outboxed. Talking shit about the best boxer of this generation, possibly in history only to Ko'd by a female boxer. I still don't know why she was on the cover of Ring Magazine.....Fucking karma.

The same punch that got her in trouble was the same punch Floyd used to get Hatton in trouble and set him up for the KO, the kick was for good measure, gave her that for the road.

She went up against a great boxer, and she had nothing to stop her.
Holly came in with a bag of tools and went to work, shit was a boxing lesson.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

Yeah Ronda was eating the most basic, fundamental boxing punches like they were dolce's blueberries all night. It's like boxing 101 and she could even stop that. She would be picked apart by even the most rudimentary of boxers.

When I saw those straights connecting so consistently, it became clear that Holly could pretty much hit her with whatever she wanted.

Dragon

Banned
I'm not sure why harSon is defending Mayweather on not being able to read. His poor upbringing is irrelevant to why he can't read NOW. If people were making fun of him for being a kid and not being able to read he may have a point. Then again, if Mayweather were white, harSon wouldn't have brought it up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom