• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
this gif is funny for Ronda falling down, but if you actually look at the punch she is throwing, it highlights just how terrible her boxing skills are:
e6a63lD.gif

Terrible footwork. There's a reason even amateur boxers don't crumble to the ground like that after missing punches. And where exactly was she hoping that punch would land?

Dennis

Banned
this gif is funny for Ronda falling down, but if you actually look at the punch she is throwing, it highlights just how terrible her boxing skills are:
e6a63lD.gif

Terrible footwork. There's a reason even amateur boxers don't crumble to the ground like that after missing punches. And where exactly was she hoping that punch would land?

It is like Holly started dodging even before Ronda swung. Dem reflexes.

Dragon

Banned
e6a63lD.gif

Putting all your weight forward like that, I mean I'm no boxer, just seems like a horrible horrible idea.

e6a63lD.gif

Which is why I'm saying her corner is awful, there is no reason for her striking to be that embarrassing at this level.

She hasn't learned shit about boxing.

ironcreed

Banned
The irony in all this is that Holm beat her using Floyd tactics

WanHarshGoldeneye.gif

Like I said, the rematch is going to ruin her. Holm toyed with her like it was just another day at the office and then finished the job like it was nothing. The book is out on Rousey and she is not going to be champion again.

Tubie

e6a63lD.gif

I really could not understand (and still can't) what the hell Ronda was doing there when I saw it live.. it's just such a bizarre punch and footwork.

Razdek

Banned
Why are people saying that Tate can beat Rousey now? Tate's boxing is even worse than hers and she doesn't have the skill set of Holm. If the fight again she'll get her ass kicked again. Tate can't beat Holm either.

She bought her own hype , she literately thought she could beat a chick that has trained boxing since like 12 at her own game as if to diminish all of Holms credentials and legitimacy.

But honestly I'm not sure if she was gonna win that fight even with a better gameplan , holm was feeling herself last night. Was easily one of the best performances I've seen in the UFC and best female wise .

She bought her own hype , she literately thought she could beat a chick that has trained boxing since like 12 at her own game as if to diminish all of Holms credentials and legitimacy.

But honestly I'm not sure if she was gonna win that fight even with a better gameplan , holm was feeling herself last night. Was easily one of the best performances I've seen in the UFC and best female wise .

Yeah, she managed to come out on top on that one takedown Rousey attempted, even managed to escape her armbar attempt.

Worked out of her clinch too.

Turin

Banned
Which is why I'm saying her corner is awful, there is no reason for her striking to be that embarrassing at this level.

She hasn't learned shit about boxing.

Oh imagine what Roger Mayweather would say to her. lol

But she was on the cover of Ring magazine!

Between the Ring Magazine, EA Sports and many other deals she's likely signed onto along with the UFC's undoubted dissapointment.......

Holly, you didn't just shake up the apple cart. You drone striked the damn thing. Good work, girl.

Carnby

I know a lot of people are happy this morning. She got smashed, and maybe exposed, but......

she has a lot of personnel problems going on rite now that totally messed with her training. She barley had a training camp, her mom wasn't there, her coach declared bankruptcy and there is a lot more .

Let me get my violin.

NYR

I wonder if Dana will continue to shield Ronda from cyborg.
Even before this fight, Dana said Cyborg was likely next for Ronda if she won. They were already negotiating it and Cyborg would come down in weight. This loss messed up his 2016 plans, he even alluded to that in the post press conference.

Like I said, the rematch is going to ruin her. Holm toyed with her like it was just another day at the office and then finished the job like it was nothing. The book is out on Rousey and she is not going to be champion again.

When Champs get beat is when they are truly tested. We'll see now if Rousey has the will to do what she needs to do to get back on top. Nobody thought she was going to stay undefeated forever right?

Tugatrix

e6a63lD.gif

Totally unbalanced and even if that punch landed i bet it wouldn't carry much energy. But credit where it's due Honda has amazing reflexes

Even before this fight, Dana said Cyborg was likely next for Ronda if she won. They were already negotiating it and Cyborg would come down in weight. This loss messed up his 2016 plans, he even alluded to that in the post press conference.

Don't worry Dana, you still have Conor.

For now.

Tesseract

Banned
rematch should be good

ronda will dump her scum bucket trainer, tighten up her camp, ease up on the heavy charity work and movies and magazine shoots

good fight for holm, she earned that w

Zok310

Banned
Putting all your weight forward like that, I mean I'm no boxer, just seems like a horrible horrible idea.

You figure she would have her ducks in a row at this point in her career. When was she planning to learn how to throw a punch when she is 50 years old?

The good thing is her trainers now see as clear as day what her weakness is, they prolly knew and just have been covering it up ignoring it for as long as possible, no good trainer would have missed this.
Hard to believe they put her in the ring with someone that has 38 professional boxing fights under their belt.
I blame poor training and mismanagement, no idea WTF her team was thinking, set that girl up to fail.

Frog-fu

Banned
rematch should be good

ronda will dump her scum bucket trainer, tighten up her camp, ease up on the heavy charity work and movies and magazine shoots

good fight for holm, she earned that w

I'm sure she'll buckle down and focus, but it's not like that'll suddenly going to make her a top tier striking.

This was prime Ronda that got beat. Her cut was off, sure, but she still in her prime of fighting ability and fought the same fight she always did - only this time unsuccessfully.

If her opponent was like was any of the other previous cans she crushed, it would've been an easy victory, but it wasn't because Holm can actually box.

Tesseract

Banned
You figure she would have her ducks in a row at this point in her career. When does she planning to learn how to throw a punch when she is 50 years old?

The good thing is her trainers now see as clear as day what her weakness is, they prolly knew and just have been covering it up ignoring it for as long as possible, no good trainer would have missed this.
Hard to believe they put her in the ring with someone that has 38 professional boxing fights under their belt.
I blame poor training and mismanagement, no idea WTF her team was thinking, set that girl up to fail.

they've always known, this wasn't some big reveal that nobody saw coming

it was poor training, edmund is finished

She's in her prime and can get better at closing. Rather than trading a blow with a chance to grapple she could come up with a better strategy. It'll take time but regardless she needs a whole new training crew.

ironcreed

Banned
When Champs get beat is when they are truly tested. We'll see now if Rousey has the will to do what she needs to do to get back on top. Nobody thought she was going to stay undefeated forever right?

You are right, everyone meets their match. But in this case it does not take an expert to see that Ronda is so outclassed that it is embarrassing. Might as well throw a wounded duck into a cage with the same lion that just severed it's wings. That is what a rematch in this case would look like and I bet Ronda knows deep down right now that she can't beat Holly.

Vex_

Banned
You are right, everyone meets their match. But in this case it does not take an expert to see that Ronda is so outclassed that it is embarrassing. Might as well throw a wounded duck into a cage with the same lion that just severed it's wings. That is what a rematch in this case would look like and I bet Ronda knows deep down right now that she can't beat Holly.

Correct. It is like it was EXTRA embarrassing how she got exposed. Even if she didnt get knocked out like the way she did, her flailing and wailing of her arms looked like something a non fighter would do.

I see shit like that on woldstarhiphop videos.

Saying Cyborg would come down in weight and it actually happening are two vastly different things

Carnby

So after reading the posts made by the big UFC fans, I learned that Ronda was never actually good. She just never had any real competition until now. Up until now she was king of the amateurs. It's sounds to me that Ronda will never be champion again, as long as Holly has it.

DMczaf

Post it when you find it pls.

giphy.gif

He's.

A.

Boxer.

He's elusive in a boxing ring.

He can dance in the ring because his opponents wait for it...... aren't allowed to grab him.........

Yes she will flipping grab him..... why would she not grab him? He knows how to box, she knows how to fight....... boxing skills mean jack shit in a real fight.

An mma trained person only needs to slip ONE of your punches and you're fucked unless you know how to defend a grapple. Something mma fighters train in all day every day. Unless Rigondeux has guaranteed one punch KO power, almost impossible with speedy small fighters, being fast enough to hit first still won't mean a damn thing.

Street fighting techniques are more a part of MMA fighters natural skill set and when it comes down to it, they will be able to make split decisions faster because it will be in their muscle memory. And that's what counts. Unconsciously knowing exactly what to do in a given situation due to a lifetime of honing skills. Boxers dont
even know what those skills are because they're BOXERS.

When Rigondeux takes a step back and thinks he's evaded because that's what he knows, the MMA fighter is already waiting for him to plant one of his feet and sweep him.

When Rigondeux throws a punch, jes not expecting anyone to grab his arm and twist it in a way he even knew was possible. The MMA fighter was thinking about it before the fight even started.

I love boxing. I have boxed. I don't even fucking like MMA but you're stupid if you think a gif of a guy dancing around evading punches in a ring is supposed to mean something while were trying to have a conversation about street fighting.

0168_y1qy4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom