• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

Everyone wants a rematch, but for as one-sided as this was, is it still in everyones interest to get a rematch lined up quickly? Sure it would likely break some records, but beyond that... if Ronda got her ass kicked again, her run is basically over. Seems like a big gamble in the long run.

Personally I'd like to see a few matches for each of them against other opponents first and see where things land, but I don't see how Ronda would recover from a 2nd straight defeat in a rematch.

A rematch just seems too risky for Ronda, like people have pointed out since the fight happened there was an obvious skill gap between the two.

The only thing is if they don't do the rematch right away then they both have a risk of losing to other people before the rematch can be made and then it all falls through, just like the Cyborg fight. Is a quick payday worth putting her career on the line though? Back to back losses to someone 6 years your elder isn't very marketable for the self proclaimed "baddest chick on the planet".

If it was up to me I'd do Rousey/Nunes and Holm/Tate

Well shit, I was going to play some Fallout but I've been waiting for this.

Exile20

Honestly watching that fight felt like Jon Jones fighting me. It was so amateurish and sad. There was nothing redeeming about her performance at all.

She never moved her head or feet. She was wiffing punching so bad like the one she went on her knees. She was chasing Holly around the mat like a pissed off school girl and Holly took her lunch. she gassed herself out midway in the first fucking round.

She fought like someone that never had training. I just don't get it. Holly fought like a champ but I am sad that Ronda didn't put up a fight at all. She was a waste of Holly's time other than giving her the belt. Looking forward to Holly's next fight.

Tesseract

Banned
oh god, this podcast ...

X12Gikq.jpg

Yaari

I cant listen now. If they say anything interesting let me know. I wonder if Rogan mentions how bad Edmond is because he RT'd the corner advice Reddit thing.

Savitar

They give me absolutely no credit for the success of her career. She’s not a good person. You don’t forget where you came from.’’

Where did she come from?

Her mother.

Duh.

It's not like she's a secret project to create super women by the government which has now proven beatable.

DUN DUN DUN

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, your viewpoint is patriarchal and misogynistic. This is not domestic abuse or violence against women. This is women actually being fighters/warriors.
I'm partly convinced there's something more to it. Something along the lines that men are attracted to woman's physical beauty and it hurts on a subconscious level to see that beauty destroyed.

*edit* I should clarify that I find the idea of women warriors incredibly cool, and I of course know that injuries are part of the deal. But it's still not easy to look at that kind of damage.

I'm partly convinced there's something more to it. Something along the lines that men are attracted to woman's physical beauty and it hurts on a subconscious level to see that beauty destroyed.

I actually think a little blood and bruises are sexy.

That sounds really bad now that I think about it, but fuck it I'll post it anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how Rousey responds after this. She looked like she was totally outmatched to me, like Holm is just too much for her. That makes whatever may come from a possible (hopefully guaranteed) rematch all the more exciting. I didn't end up buying this fight, but I'm for damn certain buying the rematch.

It'll be interesting to see how Rousey responds after this. She looked like she was totally outmatched to me, like Holm is just too much for her. That makes whatever may come from a possible (hopefully guaranteed) rematch all the more exciting. I didn't end up buying this fight, but I'm for damn certain buying the rematch.

The rematch is going to be absolutely electric.

Hopefully it will be a war instead of a clinic next time.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looking at both side by side and I really wonder what made Ronda such an overwhelming favorite. Holly is taller and is more physically imposing, and it's not like she has a shit resume either.

Pakkidis

So the knockout happened on page 21 and this thread has continued for another 57 pages...... I can't remember the last time mma gaf was this active.

To be honest I don't envy all the extra PR bullshit that comes with being a champion.

I would just want to take the belt and throw it in my closet somewhere until my next fight if I was in such a position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom