• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Does anyone know what triggered Honda to be such a bitch at weigh-in and after? She seemed perfectly respectful to Holm in the lead-up.

Dat fight money!
she needed to promote her fight and there's no better way than being a prick. See Sonnen and McGrego

Does anyone know what triggered Honda to be such a bitch at weigh-in and after? She seemed perfectly respectful to Holm in the lead-up.

1) Increase people talking about her fight hoping to increase PPV sales of which she gets a %. It worked last time for the Bethe Accountant fight.

2) Why does Michael Bisping point to his opponent at every weigh in? Because that is what he needs to do.

valkyre

That wasnt even a fight really... Holly Holm just looked like she was punching a sack of potatoes!

She beat the shit out of her! Unbelievable how one sided this fight was. Looked like she was fighting some random chick not an MMA athelte.

So glad. Well deserved and a very humble/proper champion.

TheMan

am i the only one that finds it kind of pathetic that so many people are lining up to take a shit on ronda after one loss?

abuC

Did Holly break Ronda's jaw? In the first round she threw a 2-3-2 combo, with the last straight left landing Ronda's mouth was open for the rest of the fight.

valkyre

am i the only one that finds it kind of pathetic that so many people are lining up to take a shit on ronda after one loss?

You can blame her arrogant ass for this. Not the fans. I liked Ronda.

But her constant acting like an arrogant bitch turned me off pretty quickly.

Yaari

The result of making outrageous statements like being able to beat all of your division with one hand.

I mean, that shit is going to bite you in the ass. It sounds great when you give that as an answer but if you then get outclassed, people will remember that shit.

EA Sports like

8022daa684ba9526e25824326834ef9f.gif

Funniest one in this thread so far.

Did Holly break Ronda's jaw? In the first round she threw a 2-3-2 combo, with the last straight left landing Ronda's mouth was open for the rest of the fight.

She broke Rousey's jaw in three places. Someone posted an article that she needed dental surgery after the fight.

This is what you get when your game plan is utter shite. Judoka going against Muay Thai champion is not the wisest decision. Just awful thinking. Ronda is so full of herself and this was bound to happen eventually. She thinks she's invincible. This is how the ego is beaten down. Good for her, maybe this was a learning experience, also as a person. Ronda needs to humble down.

Good job Holly! Was a great fight, you deserved it.

EthanC

Banned

Maybe some of us are happy that the idiot who claimed Obama had those children killed at Sandy Hook to push his anti-gun agenda are happy to see her get her ass handed to her. But yeah, you go ahead and feel sorry for her.

The rematch will be so good, Ronda doing her best to take it to ground and armbar, with Holly doing her best not to
oh and just think of all the pre-fight shenanigans laaaaaawd

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Firas explains how Ronda had more chances than you think to win the fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3stwtCmWTA

I didn't notice all the hip and arm things because i was wide eyed and open mouthed and eating up all the strikes that were landing. However I did kinda gasp when she got a grip on Holms those few times, I didn't pick up on that parry grab on teh one jab amazing move by Ronda. I thought Ronda had her after the headlock but she got out somehow. Amazing fight overall. Nice alpha roll then super kick to get the win .

Joe Rogan was right. Ronda Rousey's beatdown wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime event. This is once-ever.
Did he say why?

Because if he didn't mention that her camp was keeping her on a steady diet of her own kool-aid so much she forgot she was a grappler and thought she could actually beat a boxer with her crap striking...

Daffy Duck

Am I alone in finding the images of her post fight, disturbing?

There's just something about a woman with a bloody face/beat up face upsetting to me and I don't know why.

I have no interest in MMA stuff and only have a vague interest in the biggest boxing matches but seeing thise pictures of her after on Yahoo was just a little disturbing to see.

Maybe it's because you don't really see women in this state.

Squalor

someone decided to rip this off and host it on imgur for upvotes

http://imgur.com/gallery/fUloVaL
People take things they find on the Internet and use them elsewhere? You don't say.

There's just something about a woman with a bloody face/beat up face upsetting to me and I don't know why.

I have no interest in MMA stuff and only have a vague interest in the biggest boxing matches but seeing thise pictures of her after on Yahoo was just a little disturbing to see.

Your mentality is disturbing to me.

She's a grown-ass woman doing what she loves doing.

Your feeling disturbed and pitying her is condescending and regressive.

Weckum

Then you don't know her boyfriend.

Daffy Duck

People take things they find on the Internet and use them elsewhere? You don't say.

Your mentality is disturbing to me.

She's a grown-ass woman doing what she loves doing.

Your feeling disturbed and pitying her is condescending and regressive.

I don't pity her at all, and yes she's doing what she loves which is fine, but this is the first time I've seen the post fights pictures from an MMA fight and they just took me a back, that's all. Maybe I've lived too much of a sheltered life.

I certainly don't mean to be condescending and regressive with what I said.

knicks

Damn it's scary how quickly people have turned on her.

I think she was damn good fighter who just got a little too cocky and let her guard down. It happens to alot of people. Including Mohammed Ali. I think her fight style was studied and Holly took advantage of her predictable routine. I'm excited to see her learn from this and come back stronger.

People here defending her are acting like she was on this decade long run with a 35-0 record. She had fought a total of 12 MMA matches prior to this fight. I mean, are you really comparing her to Mohammed Ali?

This is the only time her opponent actually knew what they were doing. Her style is far from perfect. Her only way of winning is to be insanely aggressive three seconds into the fight, while her opponent (most of which have no idea what they're doing) will actually stand there and let her have her way with them.

Effect

Question. Majority if not all of Ronda Rousey's fights have only last one round correct? Does she even have the stamina to go for multiple rounds and could that have played a part here? Especially if she was having to work to even get close to Holm, likely tiring her out more then usual. She looked really tired and spent from the video I've watched and while Holm had to be tired as well she looked super fresh by comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom