• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
re: edmond being creepy here. nonsense, she just got ground pounded into pulpy giblets and is in shock. herbaceous dean is telling him to chill her out.

we probably shouldn't have the audio for this, but oh well.

giphy.gif

LOL

Tesseract

Banned
from the podcast

'the people that are mean and nasty and insulting after fights are the weakest aspects of humanity. they're the people that're scared and terrified, and they know they could never do that'

too true

The comedy dude with them isn't funny at all. Seems like a Joe Rogan yes man/cocksucker.

Should have been just Joe and Dana talking about UFC, boxing and mixed martial arts.

They were probably exhausted from working their asses off too up to the event.

from the podcast

'the people that are mean and nasty and insulting after fights are the weakest aspects of humanity. they're the people that're scared and terrified, and they know they could never do that'

too true

Most people just talk shit because they are bored and have nothing better to do with their lives. If I was a celebrity, I wouldn't take it serious.

EthanC

Banned
from the podcast

too true
And yet I'm not scared or terrified. I'm just happy that I got to see a Sandy Hook truther get her fucking ass kicked.

nynt9

from the podcast

too true

You know this applies to Ronda herself as well, right? All she does is talk shit, and she got showed up.

I don't know how Ronda can even come back and face the music with all the shit-talking she did prior to the fight.

Shit, even when Roy Jones Jr. got KTFO, I don't remember the public backlash being this bad.

I don't know how Ronda can even come back and face the music with all the shit-talking she did prior to the fight.

Shit, even when Roy Jones Jr. got KTFO, I don't remember the public backlash being this bad.

To be fair, Dana is to blame for this shit as well.

They marketed her as an unbeatable monster.

Holly made her look like a scared little girl in the ring.

12237309_172600096423710_1707528348_n.jpg

Ring continues to look awful.

Ring has been a joke forever when it comes to women representation. Fucking Laila Ali never graced the cover. The ONLY reason Ronda is on that cover is because she was the "it" girl and Ring bought into the "unbeatable phenom!" shit and the bullshit Edmond was pedaling about her striking game being great.

So many cover worthy women got passed up for Ring covers. Including Laila Ali, Ann Wolf, Leatita Robinson, Vonda Ward, Natascha Ragosina, Giselle Salandy - the list goes on and on.

It's a print magazine...about boxing. I imagine they were pretty fucking desperate. Donald Trump will probably be on the next cover.

Frog-fu

Banned
It's a print magazine...about boxing. I imagine they were pretty fucking desperate. Donald Trump will probably be on the next cover.

The Ring been in circulation since 1922. That's too damn long for that to be an excuse.

The ONE time they've had a woman didn't happened until late into 2015. That's 93 years since it started, and the woman they picked ain't even a boxer, lol.

You would've thought they'd at least have women on the cover for Ali-Frazier IV, which was historic for multiple reasons - not least of all it being the first time the main PPV event was between two women.

from the podcast

too true

I'd probably try not being a mean, nasty, and insulting fighter before a fight. There'd probably be a bit less celebrating at her loss then.

The Ring been in circulation since 1922. That's too damn long for that to be an excuse.

The ONE time they've had a woman didn't happened until late into 2015. That's 93 years since it started, and the woman they picked ain't even a boxer, lol.

You would've thought they'd at least have women on the cover for Ali-Frazier IV, which was historic for multiple reasons - not least of all it being the first time the main PPV event was between two women.

Im not making excuses for them, I'm saying they are probably desperate for relevance. Being a print magazine in 2015 is hard enough, being a print magazine about a topic that if fairly niche is like a double whammy. They'd probably put anybody on the cover if it sold magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom