• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

She tough yeah. But these could've all been 10-8 rounds lol. If this goes to the 5th I'd love to hear the scorecards.

I wonder what Demetrious Johnson was on when he said Paige is the one to beat JJ.

She tough yeah. But these could've all been 10-8 rounds lol. If this goes to the 5th I'd love to hear the scorecards.

I wonder what Demetrious Johnson was on when he said Paige is the one to beat JJ.
Styles makes fights. MMATH doesn't work. The point is that Paige loves a dirty fight, and has heart enough to go for the takedown even when the odds are down. JJ doesn't have the best of Takedown defense. It,s understandable that he could have thought this. There are more points to be done but the fight is so good that I won,t waste too much time explaining.

That arm/elbow has been through so much hyper extension that she's gonna feel it for a week after the fight. DAMN the heart!!!

Yaari

Styles makes fights. MMATH doesn't work. The point is that Paige loves a dirty fight, and has heart enough to go for the takedown even when the odds are down. JJ doesn't have the best of Takedown defense. It,s understandable that he could have thought this. There are more points to be done but the fight is so good that I won,t waste too much time explaining.

That arm/elbow has been through so much hyper extension that she's gonna feel it for a week after the fight. DAMN the heart!!!

It's a onesided beatdown to me. The only thing keeping it going is Paige being tough and Rose not being able to finish the job.
Those armbar escapes were legit though.

I just don't see what she has for JJ. She destroyed Esparza's takedown attempts. Made the best wrestler in the division look like an amateur.

It's a onesided beatdown to me. The only thing keeping it going is Paige being tough and Rose not being able to finish the job.

I just don't see what she has for JJ. She destroyed Esparza's takedown attempts. Made the best wrestler in the division look like an amateur.

It is to me too, I'm just pointing why he would think so. It's just easy to negate what he's said now that this fight happened. Though the points I'm sure he made at that time made sense.

Fighters win people over from showing a lot of heart even if it's a beatdown.. It is what it is.

dabig2

About time the murder ended. PVZ was a tough out, but thankfully Rose got the finish so we don't have to go to decision.

SRTtoZ

boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m.gif

This needs to be updated with PVZ bloodied photos.

Jesus, that rnc when Paige's eyes were all bloody. I thought her arm was going to snap in that second arm bar escape.

I only saw the last three fights. How's the rest of the card?

brentech

I had to leave the house to pick up my wife at the airport. Missed the Chiesa fight completely (just watched) and then I got there and while waiting pulled up the UFC app and watched the first 2 rounds of Rose/PVZ....holy shit was Paige beaten up. Dominated in every single way. I can't think of a way that Paige looked dangerous. Fight ends and Rose looks like she just got done sparring, Paige looks dead.

Brutal fight, girl has heart, but clearly not a technically sound fighter. Really wild attacks and was attempting dumb take downs that put her in worse position.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
<3 Rose so hard. Happy to hear she had some domination tonight.

Make with the gifs gaf.... i'm stuck at work and missed my girl going to town.

max_505

Paige had no answer whatsoever to anything that Rose threw, but boy did she have heart. Getting out of 3 submission attempts was fun to watch. She's still very young, so she has plenty of time to improve and I really hope she does because that fight was awesome.

Wallach

Just caught the replay of last night on FightPass... good lord VanZant got destroyed. Namajunas made a ragdoll out of her, she's damn good on the ground.

TxdoHawk

Thug Rose was unreal last night. I don't know what she changed up, but it's obviously working. She looked like Kasparov toying with an 8-year-old Chess Club rookie in there. Completely in the zone.

brentech

Thug Rose was unreal last night. I don't know what she changed up, but it's obviously working. She looked like Kasparov toying with an 8-year-old Chess Club rookie in there.

Hard to say she changed anything up. Paige just looked bad. Didn't pick her shots, just threw wild punches from angles that would make them weak even if they landed.
Paige has won on pure strength over technique. Out muscling her opponents to get them into bad positions (couple nice throws here and there, but we can see Rose's technique in defending or reversing was much greater).
There's not much positive for her to take from this fight, other than that she can take a beating.

Hard to say she changed anything up. Paige just looked bad. Didn't pick her shots, just threw wild punches from angles that would make them weak even if they landed.
Paige has won on pure strength over technique. Out muscling her opponents to get them into bad positions (couple nice throws here and there, but we can see Rose's technique in defending or reversing was much greater).
There's not much positive for her to take from this fight, other than that she can take a beating.

huh? Rose was so calm cool and collected. The most relaxed I've ever seen her. She was focused and didnt get emotional.

brentech

huh? Rose was so calm cool and collected. The most relaxed I've ever seen her. She was focused and didnt get emotional.
I agree with all of this. Just saying Paige was not ready for that fight.
I guess rose could get a little wild in previous fights, but she always seemed like a technical fighter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom