• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 194 + Fight Week |OT| The leprechaun finally gets his gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all remember Pettis's first fight in the UFC against Guida? The carpet Guida ended up winning with his carpet-er skills similar to what we're maybe about to see right now with Pfister and Sage.

brentech

So weird. if you're going to stand them up, do it while Sage had his armed locked for a solid 30 seconds. Why stand it up then

MjFrancis

Cody laying on Sage for five minutes doesn't fit the narrative that's been presented for this fight. Yeah, bad stand up but good end to that round for Sage.

TxdoHawk

Props to Pfister, he didn't get rolled like his +800 odds implied. He at least made it obvious that Northcutt is no unbeatable god.

Literally laughed out loud at "Fight Pass is amazing" followed up by "if you get a chance, Google John 3:16."
Same, kid is having the time of his life, he don't care what people think and just does his job and goes on in a respectful manner. He's 19 years old and been training all his life, discipline is pretty much all he's known, he'll develop as a fighter and as a person as he goes further in his career. I don't get the hate. He seems a bit of a religious freak, but that's most definitely just how he was brought up, he's only 19 years old, he's still a kid.

MjFrancis

Promoting Jim Miller and Michael Chiesa as "blue collar fighters" sounds like code for "we didn't pay these guys much to show up tonight."

Well both Page and Sage will probably get a fat bonus for selling tons of Fight Pass subscriptions this week. I know I paid my $10 to see them.

So why not shoutout Fight Pass.

Sage's game off his back may have been exposed but did you see how he wasn't even breathing hard after the 1st? Dude has mad potential and has tons of time to fix the holes in his game.

Well both Page and Sage will probably get a fat bonus for selling tons of Fight Pass subscriptions this week. I know I paid my $10 to see them.

So why not shoutout Fight Pass.

Sage's game off his back may have been exposed but did you see how he wasn't even breathing hard after the 1st? Dude has mad potential and has tons of time to fix the holes in his game.

Cutting your teeth in UFC is a tall order though. Sooner or later you run out of room and start facing top guys.

Paige may run into this problem rather soon too.

They may be too young to hit the scene at the level UFC wants them to.

saelz8

Sage is so damn manufactured. Dude had a 8 pack when he was 6.

His parents don't let him use the Internet supposedly. It's like he's 10 in an adult body. Weird stuff.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Cutting your teeth in UFC is a tall order though. Sooner or later you run out of room and start facing top guys.

Paige may run into this problem rather soon too.

They may be too young to hit the scene at the level UFC wants them to.
There are 119 fighters at 155. They will be able to give Sage plenty of more fights against unranked fighters to slowly build him up. I can see him having 4+ more fights before him actually taking on somebody in the top 15. Obviously, with PVZ that isn't a possibility as she is already #7 and there are only around 30 fighters in her division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom