• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Conor already knows what to say if someone tries to clown him on this loss. He will clown them for riding some other guys victory.

Gumbie

I had a bunch of people who don't know shit of what they're talking about, ignoring every obvious point I was making, and just saying silly shit believing in the hype that was built around this guy.

He's good, but nothing great. He needs to stay at 145, where btw, he will also lose the belt once they finally give poor Edgar his shot he rightfully deserves.

Yeah I was wrong about the fight but get off your high horse and quit acting like your some sort of fucking mma god. Everyone is wrong about fights at one time or another it's the nature of the sport.

Conor already knows what to say if someone tries to clown him on this loss. He will clown them for riding some other guys victory.

I think Aldo's a badass but my fuck, what he said was the most ironic thing ever.

I guess he meant run away to other weight divisions and Conor not defend his title but come on, son.

To me, it seems that Conor WANTS Aldo and not Edgar as much because he knows he can win the former.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Really glad for Tate because she's been grinding it out for so long. Not the most athletically gifted but just gritty and well rounded. She gets beat up in almost every fight she's in, and then snatches the title away at the last minute. And it was really all her seizing on that minor mistake and completely capitalizing (I thought it might lead to a majority draw but was really surprised by how quickly she turned it into a finish).

Was Conor really that tired in R2? It seemed to me like he just got caught clowning...several times. I think Mendes caught him clowning too. I dunno. Maybe he was just clowning to mask his fatigue but seemed like if he was sapped he could have easily turtled up a bit because Nate wasn't very high volume there until Conor was basically begging him to punch him in the face. Almost reminded me of Lawler-Rory with Rory just walking face first into punches multiple times. Diaz is probably an ass but such an entertaining personality I hope he can somehow win his next big fight.

Measley

untitled-3nkppi.gif

That was a beautiful takedown and sub.

Just checked sherdog every excuse under the sun is being thrown out or this fight.

It's fucking pathetic, I'm a Conor fan but these people need to grow up.

That said, well done Diaz.

That was a beautiful takedown and sub.

Yeah, someone thought the ref missed a first tapout but like Holly confirmed on the post-presser, there was no tapout at all.

I didn't think there was because it looked more like flailing than tapping.

Anyway, Tate had to go for broke and she indeed executed that really nicely.

Yeah, someone thought the ref missed a first tapout but like Holly confirmed on the post-presser, there was no tapout at all.

I didn't think there was because it looked more like flailing than tapping.

Anyway, Tate gad to go for broke and she indeed executed that really nicely.

Yeah, it was no tapout. Holly flailed her fists but succumbed to unconsciousness. Tate the victor.

yeah, i know nate has a good chin on him regardless but i kept hearing from mma personalities like joe rogan on how mcgregor's power would definitely carry over as he went up in weight and that clearly wasn't the case, mcgregor was catching him flush with a lot of shots and nate took what he had, i haven't seen the fightmetric stats yet but it seemed like nate hit him with far fewer shots in the second but wobbled him a couple of times, the guy isn't known for his KO power. Conor shooting for the TD and losing by sub is less damaging for him that getting knocked out by Nate.

i hope aldo gets his rematch now

here you go: http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/4ace70bff9debdfb

edit: and the UFC stats: http://www.ufc.ca/event/UFC196

it confirms what I saw

mcregor landed more power shots in round 1 and more shots overall, but nate was landing regularyl himself. actually, I thought they both looked shitty in the first round. mcgregor was throwing that spinning shit too often and whiffing on a lot of punches. nate was doing the diaz brothers zombie shuffle while doing a decent job of using his range and landing combos. 10-9 conor, but fairly close. conor definitely didn't stand out as the better boxer.

pixelation

With Aldo's tweet all my respect for him has evaporated into thin air... now i hope Conor beats him up in an even worse way than the first time... but is that even possible?

With Aldo's tweet all my respect for him has evaporated into thin air... now i hope Conor beats him up in an even worse way than the first time... but is that even possible?

The fight will start, Aldo will stumble and fall flat on his face. K.O, 7 seconds.

10 years gone in 20 seconds (13+7).

Watching the Holm/Tate fight now. It's so fucking annoying how often Goldberg and Rogan bring up Rousey. This isn't her fight, give these women a little respect.

Edit: holy shit, what a finish! Great showing from both fighters. Holm is a freaking power house too. On to the main event.

My only issue with Edgar is that he almost got slept by Maynard multiple times, and Conor hits real hard. Frankie also isn't a finisher, at least not typically. He might take Conor down, but finishing him on the ground may or may not happen. It certainly isn't a given like it was for Diaz.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Conor should fight Edgar next.

I like Edgar in that fight and find it way more interesting than McGregor/Aldo.

Who do you guys want to see him fight next???

I said it before, but I think Edgar completely exposes and walks through Conor. And I don't even think Conor's bad, but Edgar is just tailor-made to exploit him. I'd actually rather see Aldo I guess because I think that's fight with more variables. I think Edgar deserves it more but I'm an Edgar fan (yep, I'm the one).

Jezbollah

Holy shit. Just woke up and saw the results.

Guess we won't be seeing McGregor vs Lawler anytime soon :)

Fuckin' 170lbs. What was he thinking.

GGs to Misha. She's been doing this for way too long and at such a high level not to have the title by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom