• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I like connor before and I like him even more now, taking the L properly. Train hard and come back strong, he is still the champ

Midn1ght

Conor wants Aldo. Wants nothing to do with Frankie.

He's fine with both, Aldo is a legend and went down in 13 seconds so it make sense to give him another shot. Frankie deserve it too for sure.

That's interesting and probably the right move for him to defend his belt and let RDA fight someone else, maybe Diaz.

These press conference questions are so fucking bad.

You may as well just ask Holm and Conor "Hey losers, how does it feel losing?" and leave it at that.

3N16MA

Banned
Seriously? Guy takes a fight with the lightweight champion, then goes to WW on short notice and we're still perpetuating this "Conor's scared" bullshit?

I don't think he is scared. I think he believes it is the better fight for him. Maybe he thinks his style better matches with Aldo while Frankie would be looking to take him down and keep him there.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Holly seems so sad ;_;

Conor seems okay because he's still the 145lbs champ, and he is operating under the delusion he's still the 155lbs no. 1 contender. I don't see how he can leapfrog Nate who's been fighting at this weight. Nate's like 5th at 155lbs.

I don't think he is scared. I think he believes it is the better fight for him. Maybe he thinks his style better matches with Aldo while Frankie would be looking to take him down and keep him there.

I think at this point Conor honestly does not care. The fights he's shown he's willing to take over the last nine months have made that clear. He'll fight Frankie just as soon as he'll fight Aldo.

Macattk15

Holly seems so sad ;_;

Conor seems okay because he's still the 145lbs champ, and he is operating under the delusion he's still the 155lbs no. 1 contender. I don't see how he can leapfrog Nate who's been fighting at this weight. Nate's like 5th at 155lbs.

Conor said he sees Nate fighting RDA now ..... how does he feel he is still the #1 contender at 155?

Do you people just selectively listen to things?

Holly seems so sad ;_;

Conor needs to refocus on 145, once he's defended the belt then consider moving up.

Also he did say Diaz should be the one to fight RDA next.

JJD

If I was RDA I would be pretty pissed at this. He lost a chance at making a lot of money on a title fight against Connor.

Tesseract

Banned
when I said Nate would destroy Conor with a proper training camp, people started the attacks in the pre fight press conference...

Next time the Mystic SubScoprianZero has something to say, you amateurs better pay attention.

hey for the record, i was there with you

and i won fight money!

the diaz brothers are super intelligent martial artists, don't give a fuck talk be damned

BEHOLD GAF, THE POWER OF WEED

Dr.Acula

Banned
Conor said he sees Nate fighting RDA now ..... how does he feel he is still the #1 contender at 155?

Do you people just selectively listen to things?

Oh sorry, I was reading another tab, I missed when he said that. Earlier Conor seemed like the was still focused on 155.

Macattk15

Oh sorry, I was reading another tab, I missed when he said that. Earlier Conor seemed like the was still focused on 155.

Oh.

No. Conor said he will likely go back and defend the 145 ... while Nate likely maybe fights RDA .... Conor will work his way back up to 155 at a later date (after RDA/Diaz?) and give it a go again.

Dysun

Cc1-cfSVIAAh25z.jpg

aw jeez

Dana's golden geese going down fast and hard

Midn1ght

He said he is still focused on 155 and 170 but wants to defend his belt which is probably the best thing to do after that defeat. I really wonder what the UFC will do, if Conor wants to fight at UFC200, the big fight is RDA and Conor trying to make history by holding 2 belts. We'll see.

How was Nates post fight interview?

Subdued but he didn't like Conor's "energy/weight difference" answer.

Nate basically said he is the superior boxer and martial artist.

He's definitely the latter but the former is arguable.

What I like is how he reiterates how he trains with the best boxers, etc...

That shit is the truth and invaluable.

Oh, nevermind, thought you meant the post-presser.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Oh.

No. Conor said he will likely go back and defend the 145 ... while Nate likely maybe fights RDA .... Conor will work his way back up to 155 at a later date (after RDA/Diaz?) and give it a go again.

Yeah, that's what I mean, if he moves to 155, he's gonna have to start a lot lower and fight his way through now. A Diaz rematch could work, but as I said, Diaz is like the 5th ranked contender.

And hahah at Nate calling out Jon Anik to get that tattoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom