• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, haven't heard that one. Did he say why? Usually breathing through the mouth aids in getting yourself knocked out.

Your body needs oxygen to make that much movement happen. If you don't get the air, you get tired much faster.

The thing that gets you knocked out if having a loose jaw when you get hit and/or being gassed, not intentional heavy breathing.

Though I'm still on the fence as to whether or not he came into this fight injured again and is actually gassing.

This is turning out to be Faber vs Barao 1 or Edgar all over again.

Outclass him the start of the fight and he just looks bewildered and has no idea what to do, letting you walk all over him for the rest of the rounds.

Faber is making a huge mistake by moving back so much and trying to win through movement. You have to bully Cruz if you are gonna beat him

brentech

Cruz's style is so weird, seriously no one that fights like him.

Probably because it aids in blowing up knees. That's a lot of pressure on those bitches.
That's not to say that it isn't intelligent. I 100% believe in him when he says all that time off actually improved his mental game by massive margins.

Faber was running into the clinch and scrambling with Dom right up until he got floored in the second round. Since then he's sat back and let Dom open up on him. He's broken.

Faber was running into the clinch and scrambling with Dom right up until he got floored in the second round. Since then he's sat back and let Dom open up on him. He's broken.

Yeah you have to pressure him heavy and outright bully him if you are gonna beat Cruz. I know easier said then done but you have to cut the damn cage off and outwork him in close

broz0rs

Joe Lauzon tweeting in the 2nd round saying he thinks Cruz already has a broken hand because he's throwing something like 15 lefts for every right.

I kind of think Cruz's hand might've already been injured going into this. During the press conference the knuckles on his right hand looked more swollen than usual, which he revealed while flashing the number 4 or somesuch at Urijah. After which, he covered those knuckles with his left hand for the remainder of the press conference.

I kind of think Cruz's hand might've already been injured going into this. During the press conference the knuckles on his right hand looked more swollen than usual, which he revealed while flashing the number 4 or somesuch at Urijah. After which, he covered those knuckles with his left hand for the remainder of the press conference.

Yeah, I saw that posted on Reddit.

Someone in the threat said his knuckle always looks like that due to a previous surgery, but I couldn't find any images to back that up.

It's entirely possible.

The thing about fighting Dom is that he has the highest fight IQ of maybe any MMA fighter ever. If you don't finish him early, he's going to figure you out by about the third or fourth round and just dissect you.

Does Faber not know he's getting embarrassed or something? He's doing nothing.

Getting clocked like that early in the fight heavily effects your thinking.

Tim Sylvia got knocked on his ass against Couture back in the day and asked his corner in shock "This is the fifth round?" when they told him he needed a KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom