• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Anderson's only shot is turning back the clock and landing one of those pinpoint counters right on the button.

He pulls it off and he pretty much cements his legacy as the GOAT.

Norml

Anderson's only shot is turning back the clock and landing one of those pinpoint counters right on the button.

It's his first 3 rounder in a while, so maybe he will come out fighting instead of goofing off.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Andy today

sJQNLHR.jpg

2AKfyBM.jpg

damn she has a shitload of followers/likes, some of the highest ive seen for mma

i guess she really is popular, had no idea

She also has over 2 million followers on Facebook. A lot of people don't realize but Tate has huge ass popularity. She easily has one of the bigger fanbases in MMA. Its just a lot of her fans are more casual and not the dedicated MMA core group so that's why you don't hear about it more.

It also helps she's beautiful of course

The Beard

She also has over 2 million followers on Facebook. A lot of people don't realize but Tate has huge ass popularity. She easily has one of the bigger fanbases in MMA. Its just a lot of her fans are more casual and not the dedicated MMA core group so that's why you don't hear about it more.

It also helps she's beautiful of course

Oh, I'm very aware of this.

eEK!

Neo Member
They should just make people weigh their weight as they step into the ring.

People hardly ever miss their weight at the weigh-in, and if they do, the fight's off anyway. Plus, if people know they have to fight at their weight weight, they're not going to starve/dehydrate themselves because they're going to want to feel as fresh as possible.

No that's wrong. In wrestling and boxing whenever same day weigh ins have been trailed, dangerous weight cuts are still attempted and a made more dangerous as there is less time to rehydrate which increases the chance of brain damage (as the amount of fluid surrounding the brain is reduced).

Removing weight cutting will require consistent proactive enforcement from athletic commissions or promoters, neither of which are known to be proactive with regards to fighter safety.

DC is just going to close the distance on Anderson and smother him for 3 rounds. Anderson is a slow starter and 3 rounds isn't enough time for the Spider to go for the finish aganist a wrestler of DC's caliber. I'd be surprised if this fight goes a total of 30 seconds on the feet

Cat lookin sexy

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
sorry guys, probably mentioned 100 times by now, but do we actually know when Jon Jones test results are going to come back to confirm whether or not it truly was a violation? Or has it already been confirmed? Last I heard it was considered a possible violation.

sorry guys, probably mentioned 100 times by now, but do we actually know when Jon Jones test results are going to come back to confirm whether or not it truly was a violation? Or has it already been confirmed? Last I heard it was considered a possible violation.

B Sample result should be back any time. That said the odds of the B Sample coming back negative are incredibly low especially since he popped for 2 banned substances.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
B Sample result should be back any time. That said the odds of the B Sample coming back negative are incredibly low especially since he popped for 2 banned substances.

Shiiiit!! thanks for confirming dude. Man, it had to have been unintentional. I just can't imagine him purposely taking the shit. So bummed the fight isn't happening. Still super excited for 200 though. Should still be awesome.

Cromwell

Banned

If DC had a glass chin like Rockhold I'd say there's always a chance of an upset, but this dude took a direct hit from Rumble and still beat him. There's just no way.

zewone

He's right. There's no excuse, he's a fucking grown ass man and could have called them and listed everything he's taking to make sure it's A-OK.
Calling and telling them wouldn't do anything. These supplements are tainted at the factory if the proper precaution isn't used and they're making multiple supplement products. The banned substance is not listed on the ingredients.

Tim Means was caught for a banned substance. He told USADA the name of the brand. They walked in to GNC, bought it themselves, tested it, and it came back positive for the same substance Tim was caught for. The only way Jones could have prevented this would be to take absolutely no supplements at all.

Cromwell

Banned
Calling and telling them wouldn't do anything. These supplements are tainted at the factory if the proper precaution isn't used and they're making multiple supplement products. The banned substance is not listed on the ingredients.

Tim Means was caught for a banned substance. He told USADA the name of the brand. They walked in to GNC, bought it themselves, tested it, and it came back positive for the same substance Tim was caught for. The only way Jones could have prevented this would be to take absolutely no supplements at all.

That doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't the number of fighters getting popped be way, way higher if it was impossible to actually know what's in the shit you're taking? Why isn't there a guaranteed system to test what you're putting in your body?

zewone

That doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't the number of fighters getting popped be way, way higher if it was impossible to actually know what's in the shit you're taking? Why isn't there a guaranteed system to test what you're putting in your body?
I believe you can send it in to be tested, but it doesn't mean that brand will never have a tainted batch.

You would have to send a sample from every container you ever purchase and wait for results. I don't believe USADA has the roster to test for every fighter on the roster. A better system needs to be implemented. Someone mentioned USADA sanctioned products which could be a good idea.

I think more and more fighters will be popped for this until better system is implemented.

The Beard

Are you sure that's how it all went down?

Jones admitted to taking a couple new supplements this year. I would think you'd try to stick to the same supplements and brands. Also, someone like Jones has enough influence in the sport where he should be able to strike a deal with a supplement company to make sure he's getting clean batches in exchange for some advertising.

Or at the very least Jones has enough money to get all of his supplements together and pay to have all of them tested. There's just so much money on the line for these guys, UFC 200 was going to be a huge payday, I just can't imagine not taking every precaution if I were in their position.

I believe you can send it in to be tested, but it doesn't mean that brand will never have a tainted batch.

You would have to send a sample from every container you ever purchase and wait for results. I don't believe USADA has the roster to test for every fighter on the roster. A better system needs to be implemented. Someone mentioned USADA sanctioned products which could be a good idea.

I think more and more fighters will be popped for this until better system is implemented.

Sorry, I saw this post after I posted. There's absolutely no reason not to send in samples then. I mean, a typical container of supplements is going to last you around 30 days, so it's not like he's buying new batches every other day.

darscot

Oh, I think there is going to be some leaks of Tate from the weigh ins. I'm not sure what the guy said at the end but it sounded like, I would not normally ask you to close that. LOL

Dr.Acula

Banned
Blah! My viewing party with my friends basically fell through because of this Jones thing. I am probably gonna watch it with my one MMA-fan friend, but everyone else is out. The two top-guys with near-flawless records in their prime fighting for a belt was the big draw. My friends aren't even sure who Brock Lesnar is because they're not 13 year old boys. Names don't mean anything to the casuals, but you tell them "this guy's in his prime, he's a world-beater, he's going for a championship," people are interested. They ask "who's Brock?" Well, he used to be the champ. He hasn't fought since 2011, he's old, he lost his last 2, he's fighting a dude in his 40s who's never won anything, and there's no title on the line. No one cares.

Whole clip where he talks about Silva, Conor, etc.: https://youtu.be/NwzL1drQt9E

pixelation

How old is Hendricks?, he looked quite aged. Talking about his face... he looks in his fifties, it must be the short short hair and no beard, but i was surprised by how old he looks.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Your casual friends know who Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones are?

No, they don't know anyone, but they can grasp pretty quickly they're both great and there's a championship on the line. 40 year old Anderson Silva and 40 year old Mark Hunt fighting for nothing isn't cool.

Fitts

I see you, Gomi! You're the man!

Hunt is a cool motherfucker.

Diego looks like shit. Let's go, Joe!

Aldo looking great.

...oh yeah. Dillashaw clawed his way out of obscurity for this card.

Anderson weighing in wearing more clothes than Royce Gracie.

Johny looking like garbage and still missing weight. I read the weigh in results earlier today and immediately scrolled down looking for him/Kelvin before reading anything else. Good on the latter for getting his shit together.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miesha having to get nekkid was pre-planned. Lord knows they need to drum up every ounce of interest they can after losing two much higher profile main events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom