• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromwell

Banned

tumblr_namg5c6rap1t8enq1o1_400.gif

Gumbie

Johnny Hendricks really needs to stop fighting at 170. I'm legit concerned he is going to kill himself with the cut.

iLLmAtlc

Where was Canderson's fighting spirit when he was in his prime. We coulda seen him vs Jones (both juiced to the gills) in the fight of the forever.

Fitts

Not sure what happened to Arianny's face. Allergic reaction?

Same thing that happened to Brittney. Wrecked by plastic surgery. Though, Brittney is even more tragic because she actually used to be super cute.

WEC Brittney, may you live forever in our
hearts.

Johnny Hendricks really needs to stop fighting at 170. I'm legit concerned he is going to kill himself with the cut.

I don't even think it has anything to do with his body type. I think he just has a shitty diet and discipline.

zewone

No, they don't know anyone, but they can grasp pretty quickly they're both great and there's a championship on the line. 40 year old Anderson Silva and 40 year old Mark Hunt fighting for nothing isn't cool.
I hear ya. I'm not real happy that DC and Silva isn't a title fight. Add some tension to the fight.

Gumbie

I don't even think it has anything to do with his body type. I think he just has a shitty diet and discipline.

Right, I don't disagree with you, but it leads to him crash cutting and dehydrating the absolute shit out of himself. If your diet and discipline sucks that much why not move up to middleweight? Anthony Johnson had to learn the hard way too before he finally went to 205.

I mean just look at him shaking on the scale. It's scary.

https://twitter.com/LaChicaKO/status/751460597120634880

Levito

Banned
Post if you're okay, Levito.

They've said that since the beginning(I think the deal was a specific mention of Summer Slam?), also I just watched the weigh in stream on WWE's YT. lol

Brock's also walking out to his WWE theme song too~

Brock Lesnar looks like a rejected Batman villain. Holy shit.

Also, I hope the early weigh-ins don't take away as much from the 'show' one as I much as I fear. I like the tension in the fighters not knowing if they've made it or not in public, leads to better face-offs as well.

Tonight's title fight is going to be incredible!

zewone

Brock Lesnar looks like a rejected Batman villain. Holy shit.

Also, I hope the early weigh-ins don't take away as much from the 'show' one as I much as I fear. I like the tension in the fighters not knowing if they've made it or not in public, leads to better face-offs as well.

Tonight's title fight is going to be incredible!
Weigh ins already happened.

I'm okay with the fighters not suffering for longer than needed for the added tension.

Weigh ins already happened.

I'm okay with the fighters not suffering for longer than needed for the added tension.

Yeah, sorry I said that wrong, I just watched them.

And I am hoping they might move the public thing to the earlier time going forward, not change the time of the actual weigh-in, totally makes sense for the fighters health having it earlier.

My predictions are
Daniel Cormier vs Anderson Silva
Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes (upset of the night)
Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt
Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne

What is the deal with the Brock-Canada thing? I know he lives there and laughed about it at the presser but a reporter alluded to there being more to it than that?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Works for me
Looks like it was just a problem when I tried to do the Facebook login (they have had issues with that before). Regular login worked fine.

Really excited for tonight's main fight. Also should be fun to watch Choi fight again. Crazy talented. I don't think he has done his mandatory 2 years of military service in the Korean army yet though, so we will have another Korean fighter who will have to disappear for a while when he is coming into his prime. :/

pixelation

No one cares i am sure but... this Corey guy loses 2nd round after shooting for a take down and what follows, so what does he do?... WHY SHOOT FOR ANOTHER TAKE DOWN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD ROUND OF COURSE!!! *smfh*

What is Fight Pass? I've seen it mentioned here a few times. What are the benefits?

It's basically an archive of past UFC events (pretty comprehensive and great if you're into the history of UFC, want to see old PPVs etc) with live shows of 'lesser' cards and exclusive live undercard matchups of bigger cards.

It's like the WWE Network if you know what that is, except you don't get the high profile PPVs live as part of the price.

It's pretty cool. I'm not a current subscriber but I have been in the past around big fights. Worth doing the free trial for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom