• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

Brock looks as lean as Mir did during their rematch, which is hilarious considering how much muscle extra Mir put on for that fight.

Is anyone else surprised Tate/Nunes is being billed as the main event over Lesnar/Hunt & Cormier/Silva? I know it is a title fight but still.

That yellow ring mat though.
67b.jpg
At least the shorts have some color now.

Is anyone else surprised Tate/Nunes is being billed as the main event over Lesnar/Hunt & Cormier/Silva? I know it is a title fight but still.
A bit, but it's wise for UFC to invest in there own talent instead of someone who might possibly be gone for a long time and isn't promised to come back.

Fitts

Gomi opening the most promoted card of all time in 2016. What a time to be alive.

Not surprised, but it sure is a load of shit. It's the same fights no matter when they occur on the card, but let's face it WBW is the least talent stacked division in the UFC and the only reason it exists is because some freakshow was armbarring a bunch of bitches in a small pond. Even now they're putting Tate's tits front and center to promote the fight. Does either Tate or Nunes have half the striking ability of Hunt or Anderson? No. Half the grappling ability of Lesnar or DC? No. Half the all around ability of Aldo or Edgar? (who should have been promoted to the main event despite the farce interim title) Nope.

pixelation

I dig the new uniforms, and surely the octagon being gold in color is due to it being 200 right?, i wouldn't mind if they keep it though.

Joe is remarkably subdued so far. I know it's the early prelims, but it's odd. I know he's been talking about hanging it up soon...I wonder if tonight's the night.

Josh5890

Is the PS4 Live Events PPV the HD version? All I can see is the $50 version on the app and I know that the UFC website there is an SD version at $50 and an HD at $60

There isn't an app called Event Viewer on the UK store that I can see. Probably won't end up staying up for it anyway. Where is a good play for me to catch an archived stream tomorrow morning?

Do you have BT Sport? It's live on there for free and they archive it on their website but not sure if it's the day after.

Fitts

Fuck... 59.99. Man.

Stings to have to pay for cards, huh? As soon as UFC goes the WWE network route they'll be getting a lot more money from me than they do now. (well, that figure is gonna skyrocket regardless thanks to the NY bill passing, but hey)

cchum

GAF decides:

Buffalo Wild Wings for free (unlikely,smaller venue)
Dave and busters for $5
Or
Twin peaks for free I think (larger venue)

It's nice to live in a country where a UFC PPV costs $20. I know some regions get them free (Brazil, UK?) if you have the right cable package. I'll take what I can get though.

Yeah it's free in the UK on BT Sport which is only £5 a month if you have the BT broadband package.

Pretty sweet deal to be honest. Not sure how feasible it is in the future, I'm not sure if they've resigned the deal.

I could see them going the PPV route eventually.

Fitts

GAF decides:

Buffalo Wild Wings for free (unlikely)
Dave and busters for $5
Or
Twin peaks for free I think (larger venue)

Only went to Twin Peaks for a fight card once in Charlotte and it was the shit. Sat in a comfy chair in some sort of casual area with my girl on my lap and one of the waitresses making sure we never ran dry. Best experience I ever had going out for a fight.

EDIT: This walkout song Mousasi is using is pretty hype.

painey

I always loved watching the fights at Bdubs, but after eating there was still 2.5hrs of a PPV left, and I'll be fucked if im gunna buy their overpriced beers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom