• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
I mean, Claudia looks like a 140lb male in terms of arm and core muscle. It seems like an obvious outcome that she gasses out if she can't keep opponents down in those championship rounds.
So much muscle on a small frame.

Yeah she might be carrying too much on her frame.

Whoa, the press conference airs live on the Fight Network in Canada, and it's in free preview, maybe I'll still be awake by the time it starts lol......maybe they'll announce more surprises for tomorrow

Confirmed that heel doesn't know MMA considering they thought Claudia won. Pfft, OK.

Round 4 should've been a 10-8 easily.

Also, I love Claudia's saltiness talking how humility is more important than the belt. AFTER THE FACT THAT SHE COULDN'T GET THE BELT! Poor show of humility, Claudia.

brentech

I think the graphic that came up with a minute left in the 4th showed JJ with 30+ significant strikes and Claudia having 4.
Numbers probably off a little bit as I'm not going to rewind that right now, but you get the point. That was such a big round for JJ.

VoxPop

Awesome fight. Little Claudia got some heart. It was close but I'd still lean towards Joanna retaining the strap. JJ ate a lot of shots and showed some gaping holes in her striking defense but I love how she kept composed and came back with her insane striking speed and cardio. No real threats to her anymore at 115 though. Moving up seems like the move right now and hopefully someone like PVZ or Rose gets up there.

I was high on Doo Ho Choi and did he fucking deliver. I wanted to see his grappling tested a bit more but what can you do when he sends that right missile straight to your chin. He looked calm and composed though when he was getting grapplefucked, very much what KZ looked like against Porier. Choi vs Cub sounds great but wouldn't mind a fight with Kawajiri since they have some history.

JJ would be really undersized at women's 135. She would lose to several fighters in that division.

If they give her a 135 fight it should be to one of the lower ranked fighters

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Confirmed that heel doesn't know MMA considering they thought Claudia won. Pfft, OK.

Round 4 should've been a 10-8 easily.

Also, I love Claudia's saltiness talking how humility is more important than the belt. AFTER THE FACT THAT SHE COULDN'T GET THE BELT! Poor show of humility, Claudia.

Heel is the Hermes Franca of MMA predictions.

Heel

I think the graphic that came up with a minute left in the 4th showed JJ with 30+ significant strikes and Claudia having 4.
Numbers probably off a little bit as I'm not going to rewind that right now, but you get the point. That was such a big round for JJ.

Just didn't strike me as what we've come to know as a traditional 10-8 round in MMA. I can't even think of another example of a gassed fighter that was never in significant danger dropping a 10-8 round, ex. Anderson Silva against Chael.

ron_bato

Looks like Rose is next right? That's going to be a fun stylistic match-up, but there's a nastiness to JJ that scares me for everyone she's fighting.

I don't see anybody taking that strap at all.

Lokbob

Joanna showed some holes but I don't see anyone in that division taking here out.
I wonder if Claudia gets a third fight, since shes is the only one with a chance.

ron_bato

Just didn't strike me as what we've come to know as a traditional 10-8 round in MMA. I can't even think of another example of a gassed fighter that was never in significant danger dropping a 10-8 round, ex. Anderson Silva against Chael.

We just had two of them in that horrible co-main event. Rountree wasn't in any danger but positional advantage and peppering strikes got Sanchez two 10-8 rounds in judges scorecards.

I would go so far as to say that we need more 10-8 rounds in MMA because the who 10 point scoring system isn't really perfect.

VoxPop

JJ would be really undersized at women's 135. She would lose to several fighters in that division.

If they give her a 135 fight it should be to one of the lower ranked fighters

I was going by the rumors they were making a 125 division as shallow as it may be.

Fighters like Thug Rose and PVZ are still incredibly young and on the up swing. JJ will lose its not a material of if but when.

That said yeah I could see her holding for another year or two. Maybe longer. Someone needs to really pressure her but do it intelligently not not gas. She is both open to be hit as well as taken down but it's going to take a strong ass game plan and execution to do it

Heel

We just had two of them in that horrible co-main event. Rountree wasn't in any danger but positional advantage and peppering strikes got Sanchez two 10-8 rounds in judges scorecards.

I would go so far as to say that we need more 10-8 rounds in MMA because the who 10 point scoring system isn't really perfect.

I must have fallen asleep.

I actually don't mind seeing it, but it seems like a complete anomaly in scoring, historically. Having watched perhaps 1000 bad fights, I know you have to send your opponent to kiss Helio's cheek before you get a 10-8

Levito

Banned
Fighters like Thug Rose and PVZ are still incredibly young and on the up swing. JJ will lose its not a material of if but when.

Rose could present some troubles for JJ if she could get her to the ground, but that's only IF she could take JJ down.

PVZ would get utterly mangled by JJ.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
It's one thing when "alpinestars1980" and a tea lizard comes out of the woodwork, but this cuts deep.

You've been playing it fast and loose with your picks for far too long friend. Shuckin n jivin out there like Leben era Silver. I for one am glad tea lizard gave you the reality check you were overdue for.

Heel

You've been playing it fast and loose with your picks for far too long friend. Shuckin n jivin out there like Leben era Silver. I for one am glad tea lizard gave you the reality check you were overdue for.

Living off Weidman's Lucky Punch for too long. This is a young man's game. Now I got Rhonda Rhousey fans buzzin' me, giving me flashbacks of Shooto tapes and Vale Tudo downloads.

I guess we know what Anderson's out-of-camp weight is these days. He was 198.5 with clothing on. He was 205 against Forrest Griffin and 202 against Stephan Bonnar.

Cromwell

Banned
So...in some way....he beat DC twice?

jones-crop.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom