• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dutch Fox Sports is airing the early prelims, prelims and PPV on their channel, which costs 7,95 for a day pass... And I don't even need to renew my Fight Pass sub this time around. Good stuff, well done Fox Sports.

brentech

Just watched round 3 again. Claudia landed two takedowns that are fairly meaningless as she did absolutely nothing with them (especially the second as it lasted about 3 seconds and JJ got control and top position almost instantly).
Throw out those lackluster takedowns and she simply got beat up. Her will and cardio broke during the third.

Third round significant strikes
Joanna: 57
Claudia: 8

Levito

Banned
giphy.gif

Just watched round 3 again. Claudia landed two takedowns that are fairly meaningless as she did absolutely nothing with them (especially the second as it lasted about 3 seconds and JJ got control and top position almost instantly).
Throw out those lackluster takedowns and she simply got beat up. Her will and cardio broke during the third.

Yeah, people are crazy thinking this was a close fight.

MattDoza

Yeah, people are crazy thinking this was a close fight.
It was extremely close after that first round. And less and less so in subsequent rounds. Joanna worked her up real good in the last two rounds. But I was pretty surprised that she couldn't finish her.

Ithil

qjGGtz9.png

Results speak for themselves. She might not hit hard, but she hits a lot and it builds up more than a few ineffective takedowns for sure.

The Beard

I watched the JJ fight late last night on my DVR. Wow, she's a fucking machine. She looked like she could've easily gone at least 3 more rounds. He punches were insanely quick and accurate even in the 5th round (I mean, Claudia was barely moving, but still).

I thought it was odd that Claudia was expending a ton of energy before the fight. She didn't stop moving, she was throwing furious air combos and jumping around like a mad man for like 5 minutes. She definitely could've used some of that energy in rounds 3 and 4. Joanna was calm and collected pre-fight.

Nameless

Will be getting this on PS4, does the Live Events app hold up pretty well for these?

Also Brock's a monster. Not sure how Hunt's gonna stay standing long enough to drop those hams on him.

JustinBB7

So hyped for this event. It airs too late for me so I'll watch tomorrow, hopefully won't get spoiled. Go Brock!
he will lose :(

I am so excited for this card. Also look out for the Cat Zingano vs Juliana Pena fight on the undercard that might be fight of the night considering Cat's fights are never boring whether she wins or loses and Juliana always goes forward.

oxidax

Are the ufc fight pass fights only available for fight pass users? If so that blows. I thought they used to stream that on facebook before.

Macattk15

Going for a small Parlay of the whole card amongst other bets. Know that shit never works but hey its $10.

Miller.
Mousasi.
Sanchez.
Northcutt.
Dillashaw.
Gastelum.
Zingano.
Velasquez.
Edgar.
Cormier.
Hunt.
Tate.

I'm sad Lesnar gets to fight on the juice but Jones doesn't.

Looks like Brocks time off did him good. Might just sign single fight contracts from now on.

He said himself this past week that he won't fight again unless Vince allows it. And I doubt Vince will let him continue unless he gets serious incentive from the UFC.

Maybe Dana will "lend" him some UFC stars for WWE PPVs in exchange for brock getting like 2 fights a year. If brock has a resurgence, UFC definitely needs some big name excitement back in HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom