• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bki-0kuCcAAQWj1.jpg

It's Stang.

I mean the difference in competition and credentials between the two is enormous. Sage is a "newcomer" but nowhere near as green as Gall is.

If Gall wins and the UFC plans on keeping him they are going to have to go out and find another like 3-0 fighter or something outside of the promotion. Sage would be waaaaay too big of a step up
Gall said he has a name he's going to call out after he beats Punk.
Sage on notice.
Who the fuck else could it be that anyone would give a shit about???
Not saying Dana would give him that fight but he might.

Degen

I don't know if my heart can take Punk getting annihilated

I mean... it's cool if he loses, and he probably will, but just...

Just make him look strong

Not by anyone but his team and some WWE fanboys.
His dog Larry even knows he has no fucking chance.

What's expected to happen if he loses? Does he do more matches? He seems like he was given an opportunity on status and not skill, no?

I assume WWE will definitely rib him tomorrow if he loses

You are better off sticking your head in a furnace than asking GAF to predict UFC. They have been hilariously bad at predicting many of the the recent bouts.

#RIPLesnar

What's expected to happen if he loses? Does he do more matches? He seems like he was given an opportunity on status and not skill, no?

I assume WWE will definitely rib him tomorrow if he loses
He'll lose but still stick around and get a few more fights because I believe he wants to do this regularly.
If he gets trounced every time, he'll probably part with the company.

DeathyBoy

Banned
You are better off sticking your head in a furnace than asking GAF to predict UFC. They have been hilariously bad at predicting many of the the recent bouts.

#RIPLesnar

This forum also had a double page thread about how the end of TDKR dreaming/posters who genuinely think Suicide Squad needs to make 800m to break even.

The Beard

Sage on notice.

Why do you assume that anyone gives a shit about Mickey Gall? Lol

There are tons of fighters fighting for the UFC. Mickey could completely disappear after the fight and zero people would give a fuck. Nobody cares who he fights next.

tj hazuki

Been a CM Punk fan ever since I saw his matches with Samoa Joe during there Ring of Honor run. Really hoping he wins tonight but realistically, I see Gal winning in the second round. The mark in me, wants Punk to win by submission in round two.

Why do you assume that anyone gives a shit about Mickey Gall? Lol

There are tons of fighters fighting for the UFC. Mickey could completely disappear after the fight and zero people would give a fuck. Nobody cares who he fights next.
That wasn't the point at all at what I posted.
Everyone loves the stupid drama and call outs so I was going with it.

Sage on notice.

- Sage has 30 fights. 15 MMA, 15 Kickboxing
- Gall has 4 fights.
- Sage is a 3rd degree Black Belt in Karate, a 3rd degree black belt Kajukenbo, and a Purple belt in BJJ
- Gall is a Brown belt in BJJ
- Sage has beaten people with actual UFC wins
- Gall if he wins will have beaten two people in the UFC who were making there pro debut.

I mean the last guy Gall beat was only 2-2 as an amateur and had never fought pro, and CM Punk has never even had an amateur fight. They are in totally different leagues, Sage is waaaaay too much for Gall at this point. If Gall wins they should just give him some random dude off of TUF Latin America or something like that.

Verendus

Banned
MMA fans, so Phil is gonna get bodied?
He's never fought before, and has been in training for about two years. That doesn't bode well for him. On the plus side, his opponent is also shit so you never know.

It's a waste of time in my eyes. Either Dana should've put Punk in there with someone who actually deserves to be in there, and allowed him to be murdered, or he should've rigged the whole thing and paved the way to a championship fight where he'd get murdered anyway.

Why settle for this middleground that is worthless from an entertainment point of view?

highrider

Banned
People completely writing off Punk, I guess it's understandable. To be honest, I think he might have more mental strength than people are giving him credit for.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm just going to stay up as normal. The most disappointing fight was Aldo vs Mckregger because I stayed up and watched all the fights, and the main event just ends in 13 seconds lmao.

I vaguely remember some Ronda Rousey fight where she didn't get on until after 1:00 Eastern and then won in under a minute.

People completely writing off Punk, I guess it's understandable. To be honest, I think he might have more mental strength than people are giving him credit for.
Maybe that but don't you need some physical to go with it???
This isn't the National Spelling Bee.
His next fight after this would be more interesting to see how far along he's come with that legit team of his.

It would be pretty shocking to me if Punk won tonight. Gall, while really green is an actual MMA fighter who's been training for a decent amount of time. Punk is basically a total noobie.

I get the vibe Punk is a mentally tough dude and legit excited to fight, so I won't be surprised if he survives for a round, but I see Gall getting the submission.

Would love to be wrong though

It would be pretty shocking to me if Punk won tonight. Gall, while really green is an actual MMA fighter who's been training for a decent amount of time. Punk is basically a total noobie.

I get the vibe Punk is a mentally tough dude and legit excited to fight, so I won't be surprised if he survives for a round, but I see Gall getting the submission.

I'd be shocked if it lasts more than a round.
I just see him going down to the mat from a strike or takedown and it being over that quickly.
I don't think he can stay standing against this guy.

dream

Well, I for one will not be shocked when Punk wins, Obliterator, and you know I know more about the Ultimate than all the haters posting in this thread.

Verendus

Banned

Gall is shit. Punk is shit. When shit meets shit, anything can happen. They cancel each other out.

It's math.

Well, I for one will not be shocked when Punk wins, Obliterator, and you know I know more about the Ultimate than all the haters posting in this thread.

Well indeed you are one of the legit member of MMA GAF but you really are leaning on a Punk win here? IDK I just can't see it but then again CM is a total unknown so maybe he has more skill than I'm giving him credit for. Gall is certainly no elite fighter yet by any means so its not impossible.

Gall is shit. Punk is shit. When shit meets shit, anything can happen. They cancel each other out.

It's math.

Haha well you aren't totally wrong there Verendus :)

highrider

Banned
Maybe that but don't you need some physical to go with it???
This isn't the National Spelling Bee.
His next fight after this would be more interesting to see how far along he's come with that legit team of his.

He looks fit, very fit in fact. I know it's gaf so 36 is like 56, but I wouldn't underestimate the dude.

He looks fit, very fit in fact. I know it's gaf so 36 is like 56, but I wouldn't underestimate the dude.
I'm older than Punk so I don't think his age will be a factor.
The experience part though...
You can't learn to fight for real on that level in that short amount of time.
Punk does look in very good shape though, the best he's ever looked.

Verendus

Banned
Anyway, why is this OT titled Punk vs. Gall?

Uberoid may just become Heavyweight Champion of the Whole Wide World in Dana's Hands tonight?

This is unacceptable really. Deplorable behaviour.

kiguel182

I'm still awake. Let's see if I survive until the Punk fight.

And I really want the dude to win. It might be a long shot but I believe!

Uberoid may just become Heavyweight Champion of the Whole Wide World in Dana's Hands tonight?

This is unacceptable really. Deplorable behaviour.

I had the perfect OT title in mind. It was going to be "Need an Uber? EconoReem is here"

This is unacceptable really.
It's a shame no one is giving the actually exciting fights any attention but the UFC is now casual entertainment first and foremost.
I keep going back and forth on the championship fight.
Overeem very well could win and I'm close to picking him but I have to go with my last inclination that he'll get knocked out in round 2.

highrider

Banned
I'm older than Punk so I don't think his age will be a factor.
The experience part though...
You can't learn to fight for real on that level in that short amount of time.
Punk does look in very good shape though, the best he's ever looked.

Yeah, it's a long shot with Punk, but something about the guy just seems very confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom