• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well indeed you are one of the legit member of MMA GAF but you really are leaning on a Punk win here? IDK I just can't see it but then again CM is a total unknown so maybe he has more skill than I'm giving him credit for. Gall is certainly no elite fighter yet by any means so its not impossible.

Haha well you aren't totally wrong there Verendus :)
The little bit we've seen of Punk sparring was enough for me to know CM doesnt have any advantage whatsoever going in this fight, be it standing up with his lack of simple basics like having his chin way high up, closing his eyes when getting hit and even turning away from strikes, or on the ground where Gall is more of a threat than with his striking. It's not even hating at this point, it's simply stating facts from what we've actually seen from him. His technique and composure when on the defensive is extremely barebone.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyway, why is this OT titled Punk vs. Gall?

Uberoid may just become Heavyweight Champion of the Whole Wide World in Dana's Hands tonight?

This is unacceptable really. Deplorable behaviour.
We have 15 pages before the event even starts. The marks running the show.

Verendus

Banned
It's a shame no one is giving the actually exciting fights any attention but the UFC is now casual entertainment first and foremost.
I keep going back and forth on the championship fight.
Overemphasis very well could win and I'm close to picking him but I have to go with my last inclination that he'll get knocked out in round 2.
I'm leaning towards Overdeemed myself. I'm hoping it's an interesting fight rather than the safe one I expect.

Overeem is the more complete fighter of the two with a wider array of attacks without a doubt.

But Stipe has that nasty power and Overeem doesn't have the greatest chin. I'm really not sure how this one plays out at all. Its basically a coin flip for me

I want Stipe to win. Or else an Overeem vs Velasquez fight in Amsterdam.

And of course, I want that shite Werdum to get knocked up.

But the money fight is still Punk vs Gall

Overeem is the more complete fighter of the two with a wider array of attacks without a doubt.

But Stipe has that nasty power and Overeem doesn't have the greatest chin. I'm really not sure how this one plays out at all. Its basically a coin flip for me
Basically spot on on what I think of the matchup.
I want Overeem to win.

What did he ever do to you apart from pull a funny face

Dude is just annoying. He pulls that face like crazy, is a notorious fake etc.

I mean I don't personally hate the dude I just won't root for him he annoys me.

Also he may or may not have yelled at me one time at a Strikeforce fight

eXtv

Banned
Dude is just annoying. He pulls that face like crazy, is a notorious fake etc.

I mean I don't personally hate the dude I just won't root for him he annoys me.

Also he may or may not have yelled at me one time at a Strikeforce fight

He didn't call you a
cock guy
did he?

So was trying to order the PPV and watch all the prelims and such, but apparently you have to buy extra for that. Thought you just paid 60 and got all the fights. So F it.

idk if prelims started yet but.... WARRRRR YANCY!!!!!!!

Sometimes he trains at my bjj gym with other local fighters if he's not with the Diaz's. One day I showed up for a morning bjj class and the mma guys were wrapping up their practice, and while I was getting ready for mine - he walks up says hello and ask's me how was I doing that day, super nice guy ill always cheer for him.

I'm going to bed. I'll catch all 15 seconds of the fight on YouTube tomorrow

after Punk hits a GTS, then another one for good measure before blowing a kiss to Dana and jumping over the barrier to go to Bellator

eXtv

Banned
Wedum was there but he wasn't fighting. It was the Babalu vs Dan Henderson fight

Huh. Honestly now that you mention it Hendo has his share of shitty in-cage moments. Nothing quite as bad as Babalu choking out David Heath just because he felt like it, but still.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Stipe gonna wear reem down for a relatively easy win. But I want ubereem to put on a show and ko/tko so bad

pixelation

I have this theory that i somehow jinx whomever i root for... so i am making a test with this post.

I am rooting and hoping that Gall and Miocic both get the W.

Let's see how that goes.

shaowebb

I have Punk via Anaconda Vice 4 seconds into the first round

I see it playing out more like this...
GUo5bVw.gif

...except thats CM Punk on the ground there.

I like Stipe but I think it would be hilarious for Cleveland to discover they have a UFC champ and then watch him lose.

Also would be great to see Reem with the belt, if just for a few months.

yuraya

So how badly does Punk need to get his ass beat tonight in order to come crawling back to Vince? They could really use him on the Smackdown roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom