• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

If you call a time out from a broken finger (from a perfectly legal punch), the ref is just gonna call the fight and you've lost. I can see where the bad sportsmanship aspect was, but Travis should know that only the ref can stop the fight. Even then he should've probably been given a TKO then and there.

Syder

DDW6De0.gif
images

One of the ads on this page has a harmful auto redirect. It either goes to a scam "you won this!!!!" Page with a pop up or just another ad. *Mobile.

Ronda's mom is the best. Ronda walking into Edmonds gym was like winning the lottery. He has zero talent as a coach.

I get what you're saying but she went to Edmond because he was the striking coach for a couple of other guys that trained at her long time judo gym. Manny Gamburyan and Karo Parisyan if I'm not mistaken.

So when you did fights, did you hit them once and wait for them to be ok before hitting them again?

If he kicked him in the balls or poked him in the eye then yes he should have waited, but he didn't.

fair game

Stupid post to reply to considering the stuff you wrote as nothing remotely similar to the situation that happened, but I already gave a true to life exemple of what happened in a fight of mine:
There's a reason why you can't go for finger joints when fighting in MMA, a finger can also get stucked in a glove, the pain Browne must have felt, he probably thought that's what happened. Same as when a mouthpiece falls or when a gloves his loose due to the tape having fall off or whatever, ref can step in when made aware of it. Werdum clearly stopped, and then went right after him, it was a conscious decision to strike him while he was showing the ref his hand when enough space was clearly made. It wasn't in a excahnge or anything.

I've been in a boxing amateur fight where my opponent made the ref aware that he lost a tooth, I didn't go after him while his head was turned because I'm not a bad sport nor am I a animal. I find pride in beating someone at their best, not due to a shitty opportunity.

It's like you two think that because you're a fighter, you lose all consciousness and a animal instinct takes over you in the ring. Very weird.

I've been mostly indifferent about this fight (I like Reem, but Stipe seems cool), but after the night this crowd has given us, I'm hoping Overeem sends them home sad.

I will have no greater joy tonight if REEM sends this crowd home crying.

But I'm suddenly getting a very bad feeling Reem is about to get KO'd.

rtcn63

The thing about roids, is that their effects do have a level of permanence even once you're off them. Sadly I doubt Reem is gonna shrink back to his pre-USADA days.

iddqd

Stipe seems to be a fun and charming guy in a desert of UFC numbnuts but I trained with a guy that once rolled with THE REEM.
So we are basically family. War Reem.

BadAss2961

I will have no greater joy tonight if REEM sends this crowd home crying.

But I'm suddenly getting a very bad feeling Reem is about to get KO'd.
I think Reem will be fine as long as he doesn't gas. Gassing is what's gotten him knocked out most of the time.

This new lighter, conservative style has been working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom