• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumley

Banned
Nunes doesn't deserve anywhere near the pay Ronda does. If she was headlining this vs some random we would be looking at 150k buys. Instead with Ronda it will be 800k+

I'm not saying she deserves near the pay, but this is pathetic. It should be at least 200k/200k.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Daaaamn!

In regards to Nunes' pay that is some horseshit. Of course Ronda is a huge draw but come on, the champ getting stiffed like that? FOH

3 million and she doesn't even have to stay around for half a minute to answer a question by Joe Rogan. Well done, Ronda, you got them in your pocket.

that's because Rondas management/agent is the same group of people that own the UFC right?

dream

Daaaamn!

In regards to Nunes' pay that is some horseshit. Of course Ronda is a huge draw but come on, the champ getting stiffed like that? FOH

But, I mean, this is entertainment, and I'm not sure anyone is paying money to see "Amanda Nunes" fight.

Chesskid1

Banned
i was thinking about this the other day

100k is considered alot for a ufc fighter

50% is instantly gone to taxes, then who knows how much management/coaches/camps take out after that

100k is like nothing

Syder

Y3G4S7M.gif

50% is instantly gone to taxes, then who knows how much management/coaches/camps take out after that

100k is like nothing

It's true that with taxes / camp pay a fighter making 100k won't be actually taking home anything near that. It looks like it's much more than it is.

But with PPV realistically Nunes makes at least 400k-500k to tonight

Kacho

Gold Member
Amanda Nunes will likely never be a draw and her pay will reflect that. Unfortunate part of the business but it is what it is.

brentech

If you think people are buying this card because Nunes is defending a belt, L O fucking L.
If you want to make the argument that all fighters aren't paid enough, sure. The fighters deserve a lot of things in general from the UFC, but no, Nunes absolutely does not deserve to earn more than Rousey win or loss.

She can eventually do that if she becomes a dominant champ that defends her belt a bunch of times and earns an audience. Or, she could become mighty mouse.

100k is like nothing

Since they're contractors, fighters should be able to deduct expenses like training so taxes really shouldn't be that bad.

That was a career ender for Pyle.

Fo real. In general 40 year olds shouldn't be in the cage.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If you think people are buying this card because Nunes is defending a belt, L O fucking L.

If you want to make the argument that all fighters aren't paid enough, sure. The fighters deserve a lot of things in general from the UFC, but no, Nunes absolutely does not deserve to earn more than Rousey win or loss.

First bolded: I never said that, so chill.

Second bolded: That's what I'm arguing about. No way in hell should she be getting a higher amount than Ronda, but 100k? Please.

NYR

Um that's not how this works, not at all lol.
Belts matter. They carry power. If they didn't, Rousey wouldn't have gotten out of bed to take this fight, not even for 5 mill if the belt wasn't on the line.

Nunes did not neogotiate properly and will pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom