• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

does the WWE want her anymore?

and for movies, that will never happen.
she won't headline a movie with more than a student budget.

She already has two movies lined up.

WWE has already started the promo train years ago, see pic. They have proven with Brock that they don't care if they have tainted people, they can re-shape and re-market.

WM31_Photo_348.jpg

cordy

Banned
We made a lot of jokes about Punk and even Ronda's first loss but neither of those fights were as bad as this. Look at Nunes when it's over. She's like "you serious?" and shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the only person you have to thank for that is herb dean

nunes was about to beat her into the shadow dimension if he let that go on any longer

People saying shadow dimension always cracks me up for real, I dont know why lol

N° 2048

Again, that was so satisfying. Seeing such disrespect from the UFC for Nunes made me angry.

Once more, fuck everyone that slept on Nunes.

I don't know if there's any money in a Rousey WWE run anymore.

That won't stop them from paying her, of course. They can taste the headlines.

But she'll have a Mania match and be on her way.

yes, she won't get money anywhere.
the only real chance she has is to reinvent herself and restart this whole ufc thing and crush some super cans like she did before.

or she just retires with all the money she already has.

all the movie deals came in because she was winning, even if she won here and quit her career would've been very very short, doubt she has any WWE appeal anymore.

The first good shot she took on the chin is what sent her into panic mode. From there, she was just dazed, left her hands down and didn't move her head. She looked completely outclassed and unprepared.

Yeah, Ronda was bound to lose. The way the body language was, the way how Ronda didn't shook her hand, the way she was all defensive. She's not a fighter, she's a grappler. Where's the gif of her sloppy punches when you need it?

Amanda for life.

jett

D-Member
What was she even trying to do while she was getting destroyed? At one point it looked like she was trying to rearrange her hairdo. Her brain must've been swimming around her head like a piece of chicken in a broth.

Wow my predictions couldn't have been wronger tonight. Wtf am I going to do with all the Fear the Return t-shirts I bought?

I guess that means Crocop should kick Baruto's head off.

3N16MA

Banned
I hope the general media and Rousey fans are not shocked by this. Said it the day it was announced that It would not be shocking if she wins (Nunes). She is a beast and Rousey has looked out of it since the day Holly put her to sleep.

Cruz losing to Garbrandt is a bit of a shocker. I thought Cruz would pick him apart for a decision win. Garbrandt seems legit.

Chumley

Banned
i dont think shes going to get much hate tbh

if anything i feel bad for her and wanted her to succeed, at least a little bit

Same. Kicking her while she's down with hate is lame IMO, I'm just kind of shocked at the performance and at how vicious Nunes was.

Honda isn't going to work in WWE as easily as Brock did.

KO'd twice
No life-threatening illness to blame it on
Can't talk
Not as physically impressive as Brock
Can't work a wrasslin match

I'm sure they'll bring her in but it's gonna be a flop past her first event.

As long as she gets puts over Steph, they'll consider it a success.

Fox318

She already has two movies lined up.

WWE has already started the promo train years ago, see pic. They have proven with Brock that they don't care if they have tainted people, they can re-shape and re-market.

WM31_Photo_348.jpg
Rock probably did just as much harm to her as Edmund. What happens when you don't respect the fight game. When do you think you're bigger and you can expand that happen to Conor happens to all of them. Rock hasn't had that pressure since he left the CFL.

ironcreed

Banned
The big bets from the High Rollers were Rousey actually. Nunes took the smaller bets from randos

Oh, my friend. The big bets are the ones you don't hear about. Which is why you lost. All of the hype was built for Ronda. But make no mistake, it was off the books and on her retirement. Which you will hear about after the new year.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

sirap

What was she even trying to do while she was getting destroyed? At one point it looked like she was trying to rearrange her hairdo. Her brain must've been swimming around her head like a piece of chicken in a broth.

She attempted one clinch and a toss but Amanda shrugged them off like nothing. In many ways this is a perfect replay of the early UFC days. Happened with Gracie, the Machida era and Silva.

N° 2048

This really isn't necessary. There were (and are) still plenty of reasons to question how long Nunes will stand on top

I'm talking about this fight, all the casual fans that come out only when Ronda fights and talk so much shit without knowing anything about Nunes. It was so frustrating to see.

Watching the videos of Ronda training showed her striking the same as the Holm fight. Did she really think Nunes would give her the clinch? Did no one see how Nunes is great at long punches. No they were too busy riding the hype train.

the funny thing is Nunes wasn't advertised at all leading up to the fight until Rogan said something about it on Twitter.

now that Ronda is out maybe the UFC should have a spotlight on the other fighters that are more well rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom